Petrol queues -

Observer II

Perhaps this shows the depth of the public's love affair with the car and a measure of the resistance that any Gov will get in denying the car to the Prols.   According to Jeff Taylor, on Youtube; the advise to Gov is that the major cause of pollution is the making of cars, not driving them; so the Green lobby will eventually meet with a huge back lash from motorheads.  You may hear the faint laughter from heaven - or hell !    😉

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Observer II said:

That's just you Latch, the vast majority of folk are in love with their cars, as it gets them where "they" want to go, "when" they want to go;    :rolleyes:

I'm just saying that there is a choice and sure if you love your car that much then put up with the queues 

I'm totally happy(and much better off financially) not having one

I don't know if i am in a minority of 1 but i cba getting into & driving a car these days. There is no pleasure whatsoever ,everywhere you go there are queues ,holdups ,no pleasure at all. We are going to Scarborough in a couple of weeks & letting the train take the strain all for £50 return with unlimited bus pass use when we arrive. We even went to Southport by train a few weeks ago.

Whilst I've never been a motorhead, viewing my car simply as a metal box with wheels that gets me effortlessly from A to B,  so basically a mobility chair !    But there are a large number of car owner, who are also voters, who will not forgive any Gov that takes away their treasured possession; which is what is going to happen over the next 10 years, and it will be the great unwashed who lose their cars NOT the wealthy elite, they may move on to helicopters !    😉

3 hours ago, ninearches said:

I don't know if i am in a minority of 1 but i cba getting into & driving a car these days. There is no pleasure whatsoever ,everywhere you go there are queues ,holdups ,no pleasure at all. We are going to Scarborough in a couple of weeks & letting the train take the strain all for £50 return with unlimited bus pass use when we arrive. We even went to Southport by train a few weeks ago.

I also tend to use plusbus when I can too. Also remember your bus pass is valid everywhere in England, if you have one, on normal service buses so can be valid where plusbus isn't. 

• Upvote 1

Well i for one can't wait to get my bus pass. only another two years to go until i reach the updated pension age, unless they put i up again.

Current travel by bus to town and back is the equivalent of two and a half litres of petrol, even at todays prices. (That is one eight of a tank for my car).

With the mileage i get that is around twenty miles as oppose to a mike and a half on the bus.