Come on mods ,what's the problem...

ninearches

I had a similar issue recently that turned out to be due to somewhere along the line I had created 2 chrome accounts and I’d managed to switch to the older one which wasn’t recognised.

Thought we had a new member here for a moment.

Bill

No Bill. Things seemed to start going wrong yesterday when i decided to check my sky emails which i had already done earlier in the day without any problem. When i tried again in the afternoon i got a "safety" notice advising me to click a link to my google account & things have been somewhat different since ,although they seem to be settling down again  ,but i am left with a dead login to this forum.

i do hope you have not been compromised by a scammer.

I am always wary of any notice that advises me to "click this link to (whatever)"

anything like that i am not expecting i will usually go via the normal route to get to the page.

For example if it said "click link to go to Warrington worldwide page". Rather than use that link i would use the link i have in my bookmarks and then see if there was a reason for the link in an email being sent.

it may be me being paranoid but prefer that to having to figure out why my pc is acting funny all of a sudden.

• Upvote 1

Gmail is very touchy about such things and required a particular protocol to let third parties collect your mail. They also moan every time you use a new mail client on a different device requiring you to say that you recognise the transaction before unlocking the server. Added to that Warrington Worldwide server for the forum is very unhappy about letting google addresses through and it makes for a total mess. To get to Gary you have to mail from another address altogether I seem to recall.

I think i may have a gmail account set up but cannot for the life of me remember any of the details of it. never used for anything that i am aware of.

i have a yahoo one, a hotmail one, and an ntlworld one. apart from the ntlwolrd one that gets looked at first thing in the morning the others get checked on a Saturday.

those two usually have either faceache messages on or moneygram spam and even the spam is dropping off after i sent them all a message saying keep the money.

34 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

I think i may have a gmail account set up but cannot for the life of me remember any of the details of it. never used for anything that i am aware of.

i have a yahoo one, a hotmail one, and an ntlworld one. apart from the ntlwolrd one that gets looked at first thing in the morning the others get checked on a Saturday.

those two usually have either faceache messages on or moneygram spam and even the spam is dropping off after i sent them all a message saying keep the money.

You need one for an android smartphone I think.