Yesterdays Extreeme Weather

Bill

Surprised nobodies commented on the wild weather we had yesterday. It can be very localized so maybe some were lucky enough to miss the worst of it.

I’ve seen some bad weather events in my time but yesterday right on top of Wilderspool Causeway bridge was off the scale and forced me into a complete stop. The roads were flooded, and rain was already bucketing it down as I saw what looked like a fog bank approaching. The deluge only lasted about ten seconds, but it was biblical in intensity.

I was attending a friends funeral at the Walton and the mega thunder clap right at the moment the curtains closed was a fitting end for someone who always said he wanted to go out with a bang.

Bill 😊

You must remember the Saturday morning storm roundabout 1964 Bill ,when it went as black as night & man hole covers were forced off by flood water.

Perhaps some of these extreme conditions are also caused by changes to the Earth's tilt.

well i went bowling last night. at half five it started to drizzle a bit then flash bang and i headed for the safety of the wooden hut.

we nearly called the match off when the hailstones hit but luckily it had subsided by seven so the game was played.

8 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

Perhaps some of these extreme conditions are also caused by changes to the Earth's tilt.

I blame the scientists. if it wasn't for them we would not be worrying about what causes it and just happily getting on with our lives......🤭

I have bowled in worse conditions than we had.

about the only thing that stops bowls is standing water on the green and even then it has to be over two inches deep over a wide area.

Was wondering how hawleys lane got on. No mention of stranded motorists this time round. Perhaps they are learning to avoid there when it is heavy rain.

21 hours ago, Davy51 said:

You must remember the Saturday morning storm roundabout 1964 Bill ,when it went as black as night & man hole covers were forced off by flood water.

Was that when two houses on Thelwall New Road were hit by lightening and set on fire ?