Will you or won't you ?

Will you still wear a mask ?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel safer wearing a mask

• Yes; I will continue to wear one.
    • No; as soon as I can I will stop wearing one.

Well it's the question on most peoples lips at the moment.. To wear or not to wear. That is the question.

As for me personally; I will certainly carry on in large shopping areas.

And I would be wary of using any shops that had non wearers in the majority.

I feel that as word spreads that(for example) Sainsburys still require mask wearing it would actually encourage a lot of shoppers to go there in preference to a non mask shop.

Am I right or am I wrong ???,

• Upvote 1

As far as I'm concerned it's down to personal preference. Wear one if you want to and don't go near people without one. Mankind has survived for millenia without wearing masks, relying on our immune systems to fight off viruses and bacteria.

56 minutes ago, asperity said:

As far as I'm concerned it's down to personal preference. Wear one if you want to and don't go near people without one. Mankind has survived for millenia without wearing masks, relying on our immune systems to fight off viruses and bacteria.

Don't think our immune systems are much cop where this covid-19 thing is concerned. Holland being the latest country to think this and fall flat on their faces

I don't wear my mask to feel safe but to protect others in case i have the virus unknowingly.

in shops i wear it and places where it is currently compulsory. out side i take it off and just keep a reasonable distance from anybody i am talking to.

Whether i will after the 19th i do not know as yet i may just annoy people or rob the bank.

• Upvote 1

One thing overlooked in this discussion is, if you have had full vaccination, you can’t get it and you can’t give it.  You can stand right next to someone with covid and you will not catch it.  If you do not believe that, why get vaccinated in the first place.  The whole world doesn’t need to do it, just you.  I know some will say “Ah, but, there is a chance…..”, if you are going to live your life in fear of those odds there’s no hope for you and for Gods sake don’t consider driving a car.

Covid is becoming the biggest cash cow since global warming.  It is a boon for so many people, both financially and politically. Don’t expect these ‘variants’ to stop any time soon, they are a built in way to prolong the pandemic and keep the cash rolling in.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Latchford Locks said:

Don't think our immune systems are much cop where this covid-19 thing is concerned. Holland being the latest country to think this and fall flat on their faces

As it kills less than 1% of the people it infects, and those being mainly elderly and vulnerable people, I think the immune systems are doing a fair job so far. It's the fear of the virus that's killing people from other causes. More people die from cancer in a day than have died from Covid in the last 40 days.

17 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

One thing overlooked in this discussion is, if you have had full vaccination, you can’t get it and you can’t give it.  You can stand right next to someone with covid and you will not catch it.

Sorry to disagree but it is a virus and vaccination does not make you Totally immune. All it does is lessen the effects of the symptoms when you do catch it. This also means that if you do have the virus then you can infect other people with it whilst you are in the infectious stages.

Liken it to the flu vaccine. it does not stop you getting the flu but makes it less debilitating if you do get it and you can still infect others.

Any reputable doctor will tell you the same, even in the UK where they get paid for having you on their books whether you are ill or not and so have no financial motive for pushing the vaccine.

• Upvote 2

Apart from getting paid extra (£12.58 a shot?) for every vaccine they give Sid. To be fair this payment goes to the practice rather than to an individual Doctor, the same as other procedures they do that attract extra funding, e.g. flu shots (£10 a go?). A practice could, of course turn down the extra money by not giving vaccines

3 hours ago, asperity said:

Apart from getting paid extra (£12.58 a shot?) for every vaccine they give Sid. To be fair this payment goes to the practice rather than to an individual Doctor, the same as other procedures they do that attract extra funding, e.g. flu shots (£10 a go?). A practice could, of course turn down the extra money by not giving vaccines

I use my pharmacy for all jabs ... no appointment needed just walk in  and 5 mins later walk out. I've done this for a few years now.

Plus It saves me funding the surgery that only seems interested in me when it's jab time. Whereas the pharmacy know me by my first name and deliver all my meds to me but not before phoning to check if I will be in ... spot on service

• Upvote 1

I think it all boils down to whether you care about others or just for yourself.  Personally, until the virus shows signs of improving, I’ll continue to wear as mask as I have done throughout the pandemic. It doesn’t cost anything and it’s no great inconvenience, so if it reassures others then I’m all for doing it.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1