Relaxation of Rules

Bill

That’s not the case at my local, it’s just a note pad on a table as you walk in with name time and telephone number for all to see. The security aspects don’t particularly worry me, it’s just more convenient to use the app. The smaller place I sometimes visit on a Wednesday, the owner keeps a book but that place is small enough for him to know all his customers.

As for telling people to delete the app based on the notion that someone might be profiting from it beggars’ belief and only a fool would do that.

Bill 😊

1 hour ago, Latchford Locks said:

Rephrase that asp..

same room as someone with Covid isn't Always a death sentence.

I'll go as far as to say that it's seldom a death sentence, but it depends on how healthy your immune system is, and your general health. If you're in poor health, overweight, diabetic, with pulmonary and/or cardiac problems, you would be ill advised to get in close proximity to anybody 🤢.

• Upvote 1

Not that I've tried, but my cell phone is so old fashioned, I'm not sure it would take this app; even if I knew how to do it.   I guess that applies to quite a lot of grumpies, who still live in a non-IT world.    😉  The problem with this app, aside from it being useless; is that it's sending folk directly into isolation and thus off work; when a simple test would suffice.    😷

• Upvote 1

520,194 People pinged by the app in the first week of this month alone. In the first week of June it was 47,039. That's an awful lot of people forced into idleness for the crime of being close to someone who may, or may not, have the virus. Crass stupidity.

10 hours ago, asperity said:

As for telling people to delete the app based on the notion that someone might be profiting from it beggars’ belief and only a fool would do that.

1 hour ago, Confused52 said:

A lot of people have made a lot of money in this "pandemic" out of not fit for purpose ideas like this app. Delete it, just being in the same room as someone with Covid isn't a death sentence."

Er, YOU did.

Compare and contrast. A lot of people HAVE made a lot of money in this "pandemic out of ideas LIKE this app. The advice to delete it is in my second sentence which states the fact that just being in the same room as someone with Covid isn't a death sentence. To mix the two sentences together and claim they mean something else "beggars belief and only a fool would do that" to steal an expression.

58 minutes ago, asperity said:

Compare and contrast. A lot of people HAVE made a lot of money in this "pandemic out of ideas LIKE this app. The advice to delete it is in my second sentence which states the fact that just being in the same room as someone with Covid isn't a death sentence. To mix the two sentences together and claim they mean something else "beggars belief and only a fool would do that" to steal an expression.

Oh dear, the unit of language conveying an idea is normally more than a single sentence. The first sentence defines the idea being conveyed. Read Paragraphs & Topic Sentences: Writing Guides: Writing Tutorial Services: Indiana University Bloomington and you will understand how others read and understand what you write. That you seek to define it another way is the cause of much misunderstanding.

What you seek to do on this occasion could have been easily expressed by put each sentence in a different paragraph thus making them clearly different and independent ideas.

Don't complain that it is my fault that I read like the rest of the world does it!

Oh dear, fancy being able to understand what someone has written better than the person that wrote it. Pathetic waste of your time Googling for references to try to justify your inability to understand simple English. Confused by name, confusing by nature 🤣🤣

11 hours ago, asperity said:

Oh dear, fancy being able to understand what someone has written better than the person that wrote it. Pathetic waste of your time Googling for references to try to justify your inability to understand simple English. Confused by name, confusing by nature 🤣🤣

Well your problem is that writing is meant to convey your meaning to others. If it fails to do so because what is says can only be understood properly by the author then it is pointless. I did not say that I understood what you wrote better than you did. I said that, based on ( and indeed evidenced by) your subsequent protestation about being misunderstood, you had not written down what you intended to convey. You do it very often and complain that others are wrongly accusing you of this or that.

I can indeed understand simple English; when are you going to start writing it instead of tortured sentences that you claim mean anything other that what the average person would take from them. I think you do it on purpose.

39 minutes ago, asperity said:

If you can't understand what I write (apparently on a regular basis) I suggest you don't bother reading any of my posts. It's no skin off my nose, although I think that in reality you just like to think you're point scoring.

It almost certainly isn't just me that you give trouble to. Points over you are not really worth scoring, I just wanted to help stop some of the pointless arguments, they put people off. 

• Upvote 1

I read this on Facebook this morning and thought I’d share it here as it pretty well sums up my own feelings on the situation.

I have been wearing a mask since we were first asked to do so. I’m not sure why being considerate to others for the common good is now being mocked by some who are calling it “living in fear”, but it needs to stop!!!... When I wear a mask over my nose and mouth in public and in the stores/supermarkets/pharmacies etc - I want you to know the following:

I'm educated enough to know that I could be asymptomatic and still give you the virus.

I don't "live in fear" of the virus; I just want to be part of the solution, not the problem.

I don't feel like the "government controls me". I feel like I'm an adult contributing to the security in our society.

If we could all live with the consideration of others in mind, the whole world would be a much better place.

Wearing a mask doesn't make me weak, scared, stupid or even "controlled". It makes me caring and responsible.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 4