Relaxation of Rules

Bill

My own take is that you should wear one if that's what you want to do

If the medical advice suggests we should wear one to protect others, then that’s what a responsible person should do.

Showing consideration for others is something we can’t argue about as there are no theories or exceptions, and that’s the point I’m getting at.

Bill 😊

6 minutes ago, Observer II said:

If you want to smoke - don't get on the bus; if you want to breath over folk - likewise.  😷

Who gets on a bus and stops breathing for the duration of the journey, or gets on a bus and breathes over the other passengers? Absurd argument, 1/10, must do better.

5 hours ago, asperity said:

If respect is the thing, then respect other peoples rights to not wear a mask if they don't feel it's the right thing to do. Medical "advice" "suggests".

Respecting the other person's health seems rather more important in the scheme of things than respecting their desire to be awkward (or what ever other word or phases you want to substitute for the purposes of arguing).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Looking at the latest graph of new infections, the rolling rate of increase seems to show a very slight reduction despite the number of tests increasing. Always difficult to say but by this time next week we could hopefully see the first signs that we’re nearing the peak with the current variant provided the footie doesn’t mess things up. My crystal ball suggests the peak will be substantially less than the 100K/day that was predicted a few weeks ago, possibly even less than 50K.

As for another lockdown before Christmas, I doubt it given most will have been double or even triple jabbed by then so there’d be little point if not too many folk are getting seriously ill.

Bill 😊

57 minutes ago, Bill said:

As for another lockdown before Christmas, I doubt it given most will have been double or even triple jabbed by then so there’d be little point if not too many folk are getting seriously ill.

Bill 😊

I think that is right Bill. The last cohort of over 18's will be double jabbed around the same time that the booster programme starts by the second week in September. The kids are being allowed to run riot and lots will have caught it, which is notionally less risky than giving them the vaccine (neither is risk free). For delta the theoretical herd immunity threshold is about 85% but the vaccines are not perfect so it can probably never be achieved. Roll on the school holidays eh....

15 hours ago, asperity said:

Just goes to prove that lock downs don't work, they just kick the inevitable down the road. Pointless.

The reason lockdowns haven't worked to-date, is because they've been brought in too late and exited too early - Gov has been behind the curve throughout - basically, because their heart is not in it.     😷

On 7/7/2021 at 3:11 PM, asperity said:

If respect is the thing, then respect other peoples rights to not wear a mask if they don't feel it's the right thing to do. Medical "advice" "suggests".

Whoever "down voted" this, if you don't agree then say why, don't just click the down vote button 🙄

1 minute ago, Bill said:

Or possibly one of those who come here but never post anything.  

I'm still half tempted to give it a click down because what you say sucks.

Bill :)

Well at least you're honest Bill, although you don't say why you wouldn't respect other people's rights to not wear a mask if they don't feel it's the right thing for them to do.

Correction: Sorry you did say - "Because it sucks". Well that's pretty conclusive.