I know why windows 10 was called windows 10

Evil Sid

The reason is that after ten years microsoft are stopping support for it.

So in four years time windows 10 will be obsolete and a new operating system,yet to be named, will replace it.

Even windows 98 lasted longer.

So in the next two or three years get ready to be bombarded with request to change over to "windows and doors" possibly.

Their advertising slogan could be opening new doors on the windows family.....🤭

Which they said about windows xp and windows six through eight.

soon stopped supporting them when they could get people to shell out for a "new" operating system.

"oh sorry it won't run on your old computer you will have to buy a new one and the operating system and office suits are extra." is what i usually get told. will stick with

windows 7 for now. very stable system and daily security updates for the anti virus plus it runs all the software i have bought over the years unlike windows 10 which makes you buy a yearly license for the office stuff.

20 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Which they said about windows xp and windows six through eight.

soon stopped supporting them when they could get people to shell out for a "new" operating system.

"oh sorry it won't run on your old computer you will have to buy a new one and the operating system and office suits are extra." is what i usually get told. will stick with

windows 7 for now. very stable system and daily security updates for the anti virus plus it runs all the software i have bought over the years unlike windows 10 which makes you buy a yearly license for the office stuff.

Office 2010 is still working nicely thanks, if you want the new office you can buy Office on a non subscription basis still.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Confused52 said:

Office 2010 is still working nicely thanks, if you want the new office you can buy Office on a non subscription basis still.

I know it flys in the face of credibility, 

But

I'm still running my Office 2000 ! On Win 10

Despite the guy in the computer shop (where I got my new machine ) insisting that it wouldn't.

See the source image

When foolishly let them upgrade me with the free version of windows ten all the software i had on the laptop worked fine for about three upgrades then not even the laptop would work.

spent half an hour watching the loading screen rebooting every two minutes. Then went online and downloaded a boot program to a disk and reset laptop back to prior windows ten.

Just checked my office software and it is office 2007 (not got the disk for it though a mate of a mate of a guy down te pub got his mate to have a word with his brothers mate)......🤫