Good news ?

1 hour ago, Stallard12 said:

Don’t know where you got that info Bill, but the CDC has stated that once vaccinated, there is no further need for masking or not to social gather. The only cases being recoded now and they are pretty sparse, are young folk who only suffer very mild symptoms.  Plus we are rapidly approaching herd immunity.  Plus unless you are constantly leaning into the face of a covid patient, a la a nurse or doctor, masking for the general public has been close to useless the whole time.  If you had been close enough to a covid germ with your mask on and accidentally touch a finger to your face while taking it off, you have got it, if you haven’t been close, then why the mask.

When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated | CDC

The need to wear a mask continues to protect others at present as described at the bottom of the second link.

• Upvote 1

For several years now i have had the "flu jab". It does not stop me from catching the flu but it does lessen the effects of it making it less debilitating than would otherwise be.

The covid vaccination acts in the same way, it will not stop you catching the virus but it will,hopefully, lessen any harmful effects it may have on your body.

So full vaccination does not give immunity and you can still catch and spread the virus. the wearing of masks is not just to protect you from the virus but to protect others from you possibly passing the virus on to them as well.

The saying is coughs and sneezes spread diseases. trap those particles from coughs and sneezes and the spread is lessened.

just my personal opinion though and i am not an expert although i do list gibberish as a second language.

• Upvote 1

Well from reading the CDC data the advice seems remarkably similar to what we have here but maybe a bit less cautious. The recommendations still advise wearing a mask where there’s a known risk but unfortunately, we can’t see vulnerability or risk, so the advice here is to keep the masks on for now.  

I didn’t read anything at all about vaccinated people being 100% safe. The UK assumes up to 95% protection from Pfizer and slightly less from the Oxford AZ, meaning one in twenty could still get infected and continue spreading it. If they do though, then there’s a 50% reduction in the probability of them passing it on to others. One other point worth mentioning is that about one in twenty of the adult population refused the vaccination and again there’s no way of identifying these people.

All in all it’s going pretty good and we’re just being a bit more cautious than the US.

Bill  :)