Bye bye COVID

Texas is now living normally.   Everything is open, we even went cheek to cheek country dancing last weekend.  Bars, restaurants, sex shops and churches are all operating at a hundred percent and I haven’t heard COVID mentioned around here in a long time.  Crowds are all back at the golf tournaments etc. The people are happy, business is booming and there are unlimited job opportunities, in fact filling them is a problem cos out of date unemployment benefits are too attractive.   Poor Obs !

Called my eye surgeon last Monday, needed the cataract removed from my second eye.  Consulted on Wednesday, had the surgery yesterday and am presently testing my new eye out on watching tv with a glass of whisky right now.  Perfect and it didn’t cost me a penny. 

On the qt, if you want to invade America, do it right now !   The country is being run by clowns.  It’s unbelievable, I have never seen such an inept bunch of idiots in my life, they think it’s great to just cancel Trumps border policies and oops!  Now they have a disaster on their hands.  The blooper channel is running all of there policy decisions non stop.   Joe Biden had his first news conference today, with the proviso - no questions from Fox.  His hardest question, from PBS, “ Joe, what makes you so awesome !”.

Good to see my old mate over in Texas is doing ok and life’s almost back to normal but don’t count all your chickens just yet because we might not have seen the last of this. And that from the one that often accused as being over optimistic! 

Looking at the rate of new infections in several countries throughout the world there seems to have been a sudden upturn in cases over just the last week or so. It’s almost everywhere, some very pronounced, others less so but it’s definitely there. The question is, could this be the start of the new third wave everyone’s talking about or simply the results of easing of restrictions? I suppose it could even be our own Kent virus that’s escaped our shores into Europe. BTW we've still got some of this good stuff left and we can send you some to try out if you want. ;)

Maybe I’m seeing shadows, but my gut feel for our recent numbers leads me to believe the same might be going to happen here. Only time will tell I suppose but it’s worth keeping am eye on this over the next couple of weeks as it could affect our plans for coming out of lockdown. Fingers crossed I’m wrong.

Normally I'd wish you a stay safe at this point but it seems party on dude might be more fitting. :)

Bill 😊

43 minutes ago, Observer II said:

😄    Thought it was just the red necks who were gullible.  :rolleyes:

As broadcast on the BBC that clip was clearly a deliberate fraud as anyone with critical faculties could see. You need to decide whether you are just trying to wind Stallard up again or you actually think the coverage was genuine. Don't bother telling us because I don't think we are interested.

• Upvote 1

What is interesting is why Texas wasn’t affected as much as us and I think again it’s down to population density rather than the bleach. Leaving aside the fact that we suffered one of the most infectious variants, the UK population density is ten times higher that of Texas so it stands to reason that tougher measures were needed here to try and keep things in check.

I know Stalard said it’s all a load of nonsense and these measures weren’t needed and some here point to the UK having the worst figures as proof that lockdowns don’t work. But it’s impossible to say if or how much worse it might have been on either side of the pond if measures weren’t taken. I can’t remember which Scandinavian country it was but one of them took no action and relied instead on herd immunity. This resulted in nearly ten times the death rate of its neighbours and a year on, the leader was forced to apologise for his decision to do nothing.

The long and short of it is that there’s no one size fit’s all solution. Texas was fortunate to have a low population density and being able to keep the Kent variant out.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

All I am telling you is that very few people are worried about covid any longer.  The fear has gone out of it, some of our friends had it, some of our extended family had it, our neighbors family all had it and the consensus is - no big deal.  People are just living normal lives here.  It has been proven and accepted that, to be fatal, almost without exception, it has to be coupled with at least three other major medical problems, diabetes, heart problems, cold, etc.  Under those conditions you have to have one foot in the grave before covid is a real problem.

I go back to what I have always said, that for ordinary people, this is just one big hoax, certainly not dangerous enough to warrant all the misguided Draconian solutions.  Another part is political, Biden knows that without the so called pandemic, he would not be in power, even with the blatant cheating.  At the moment he is desperately supporting extreme measures and insulting the State officials who are returning to normal, because he can feel his power ebbing away.  Without the virus people will start to monitor his performance and considering that he is an unmitigated disaster, he can’t have that.

We know a lot about this crap now, but when it first happened, no one knew anything and just look at the flip flopping from the ‘experts’ and see if you think you should be willing to lock yourself away on their advice.

Watched a Discovery Channel old documentary on Glacial National Park the other night.  The narrator was describing the huge glaciers and ended by saying “Sadly, according to most scientists, by the year 2020, none of this will exist, global warming will have melted all of them.”   Needless to say, the park is still flourishing and is as cold as ever.  Are you willing to blindly follow these “experts !”.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1