After all the fuss -

Observer II

26 minutes ago, Observer II said:

After all the fuss by the EU over the A-Z vaccine;   with Macron and some German politicians claiming it not to be effective:  it seems the French and Germans are refusing the A-Z jab;  which doesn't sound promising for any return to European travel in the near future.      😷

Sod e'm plenty of lovely destinations elsewhere.

Take our cash to some country that welcomes us.

I don’t know if anyone else saw this but on telly the other day it was showing a vaccination centre set up in Belgium with a capacity of five thousand people per day. The BBC reporter said in just over an hour that they’d been there, there had only been one person turn up and the centres spokesperson said that on their best day so far, they managed to vaccinate nearly fifty people.

It sort of makes me glad to think if we’d have remained in the EU that we could have been in the same situation.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

It sort of makes me glad to think if we’d have remained in the EU that we could have been in the same situation.

😊

Well if the option to have it was there and easy to access what is detering them.?

If we had stayed in I think we would still have jabbed in great numbers.

It hasn't helped, the fact that Macron and Merkel have decried the efficacy of the AZ vaccine; so there is extreme vax scepticism  in the EU.   Meanwhile, in the UK,  we have BAME groups claiming descrimination over covid deaths, who are refusing the vaccine for superstition reasons; then they wonder why their risks are greater.   :rolleyes:   😷

2 hours ago, asperity said:

I don't understand why people in this country (including some Health Service workers) are refusing to have the vaccine.

Conspiracy theorist. "They will implant a tracking device inside you so they can keep tabs on where you are."

Like the government cares where they go and has seven people keeping an eye on them 24/7. ...🕵️‍♂️

Mostly uncertainty on what expert to believe. The ones that say it is 99% effective or the ones who say it is 79% effective...but that is experts for you, you pays your money and takes your choice.

I accidentally had CH4 News on the other night,  only to witness a woke fest -  complaints   of how covid has caused poverty in BAME communities etc.   I'm no mathmatician, but I got to thinking; if poverty affects the UK population as a whole, and whites (outside the main cities) outnumber black and asians; then, whilst poverty may affect a larger proportion of the BAME population; there will still be as many, if not more indigenous whites in poverty. So the problem is poverty not anykind of racism.   Like the gender argument,  are they after positive discrimination, irrespective of merit, that will allow for greater representation among the economic elite, whilst still retaining a wide wealth gap ?     :unsure:

On 2/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, Observer II said:

I accidentally had CH4 News on the other night,  only to witness a woke fest -  complaints   of how covid has caused poverty in BAME communities etc.   I'm no mathmatician, but I got to thinking; if poverty affects the UK population as a whole, and whites (outside the main cities) outnumber black and asians; then, whilst poverty may affect a larger proportion of the BAME population; there will still be as many, if not more indigenous whites in poverty. So the problem is poverty not anykind of racism.   Like the gender argument,  are they after positive discrimination, irrespective of merit, that will allow for greater representation among the economic elite, whilst still retaining a wide wealth gap ?     :unsure:

Perhaps the new law firm , Whenurbamethere'saclaim will be taking covid19 to court on racial discrimination grounds.

• Haha 1