Junction Gainsboro/Chester Rd.

Peter T

Yes, plans are,

three sets of lights for each entrance to the junction,

2x 6 foot long cycle lanes,

14 road humps,

a vibration strip for each of the approaches.

11 signs stating change of road lay out,

five signs advising of casualties,

4 signs notifying us of new traffic lights,

two pedestrian crossings that will never get used,

one bus lane for chester road

3 months of road works followed by the two years of traffic chaos never witnessed before in that area of the town.

total cost ?250,000

but money well spent on yet another WBC traffic management success.

They might not have it but I bet there is whiskey in the Town Hall drinks cabinet and expenses cheques ready for distribution eh Paul??

Of course they haven't got it but that won't stop them causing more traffic chaos.

And on another point, if you see that prat Cllr Axcell... he of the wise words.... give him a smack in the chops and tell him its from Westbrook

OMG... don't mention bikes and cycle lanes as Peter O will resurface.

Where did he disappear to anyway after that very very long discussion about kids, bikes, pavements and statistics :?: I hope he didn't get knocked off his bike :shock:

As for Gainsborough/Chester Road maybe it's to do with the spare piece of land neat the petrol station or the new Walton Locks development just down the road.

There have been men with 'theodolites' all over the south side of the canal for a few months now. Had to laugh when they were on Red Lane Bridge and a dog sent their equipment flying though :lol:

Wonder what they are upto :?:

[quote="Dismayed"

As for Gainsborough/Chester Road maybe it's to do with the spare piece of land neat the petrol station or the new Walton Locks development just down the road.

]

The Spar garage bought that plot of land. that's why it has been tidied up.

They might not have it but I bet there is whiskey in the Town Hall drinks cabinet and expenses cheques ready for distribution eh Paul??

Of course they haven't got it but that won't stop them causing more traffic chaos.

And on another point, if you see that prat Cllr Axcell... he of the wise words.... give him a smack in the chops and tell him its from Westbrook

I couldn't possibly do that Baz :wink::D ...not so sure about wise words......if this matter becomes a debate in the Council I can tell you I will be having some sharp words!

My constituents in H,S & W are already on to me about how is that ?hundreds of thousands can be wasted in Westbrook and they can't get their potholes filled...think they've got a point.

Thanks Peter.

It does look better now although it's still fenced off. What are the SPAR actually going to do with it any idea?

Not aware of anything.

Perhaps they felt that it would be better in their hands and it could be kept tidy.

If I hear anything I will post it.