Vaccine passports ?

Observer II

• 2 weeks later...

But if other countries are insisting on them then we either issue them or tell the public they just can’t have foreign holidays anymore. When it comes to a choice between finally having a holiday or bowing to someone else’s opinion of rights, I know what the vast majority would choose.

I say just issue them and anyone who objects, well they don’t have to have one, it’s their choice and it's that simple.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

It's a long time since I went anywhere foreign, but it used to be compulsory to have the likes of Yellow Fever and Cholera  jabs for a lot of countries so I can see Covid 19 being the same. If you want to go somewhere exotic for your holidays then expect to have to pay for the jabs.

Apart from a one time drive and camp in Germany when the kids were young, I’ve never bothered with foreign holidays. Aside from running a small business, the wife would insist we need to stay to look after the cat, feed the fish etc but once they all passed away, we stated making up for lost time. So since I turned sixty, I've had an overseas trip every year. Nothing too extravagant or tacky and never the same place twice, I’ve quite enjoyed my little breaks.

Bill 😊

The first case I’ve heard of somebody being restricted due to not having a vaccination seems to have occurred here in Warrington. The Stone Roses were due to be the headline act at the annual Victoria Pak music event, but the organisers made it mandatory for all performers to have been vaccinated. The lead singer though was part of the antivax movement and refused to comply with this and as a result they were dropped from the event.

Ok not quite a passport thing but are we going to be seeing more of this sort of thing as we move through the rest of this year.

Bill 😊

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 7:37 AM, Bill said:

The first case I’ve heard of somebody being restricted due to not having a vaccination seems to have occurred here in Warrington. The Stone Roses were due to be the headline act at the annual Victoria Pak music event, but the organisers made it mandatory for all performers to have been vaccinated. The lead singer though was part of the antivax movement and refused to comply with this and as a result they were dropped from the event.

Ok not quite a passport thing but are we going to be seeing more of this sort of thing as we move through the rest of this year.

Bill 😊

It was actually Ian Brown, front man of the Stone Roses ;) https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2021/03/04/stone-roses-frontman-ian-brown-pulls-out-of-neighbourhood-weekender-over-proof-of-vaccination-request/

Well like anyone, he’s entitled to his own opinion, and to refuse the vaccination. My only concern is that as a performer, he’s probably a role model for a lot of young people and his message could influence others to blindly follow his lead. It could be that the guy is well up on the theory of vaccines, but I suspect it’s more likely to be a case of objecting because he can. Probably doesn’t need the work anyway. On the subject of role models, it was disappointing to see Man City players going against all medical advice and doing a whole team mega hug last night. Is it any surprise then that we see their fans doing the same outside their stadiums? 

Back on the passports, all the major cruise company's have announced when they resume operations, they will only be accepting bookings from people who can prove that they've had both jabs. I think this will become a common practice and like it or not, the government need to act quickly to avoid a chaotic rush for proof and minimise the chances of a fakes documents appearing. As the main issue is international travel, it would make sense to simply have this electronically tagged into the passport as fraudsters don't have access to your passport or the electronic information. 

Bill 😊