Political blame game

Gary

This is the exact reason I decided against entering politics and joining a particular party, as well as the fact i believe it is important for the media to be independent,although few are these days.

I do hope the outcome of this article is that both men put their political differences to one side and meet on a regular basis to work on the best outcomes for Warrington. One has a direct route to Government and the other has control of our local council - working together they could probably achieve a lot more for our town.

https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2021/01/12/one-year-on-tory-mp-and-labour-leader-have-still-not-met-for-talks-and-both-blame-each-other/

• Upvote 1

Two people stuck firmly on opposite banks of the river of life, one sees the water only going left, the other right and until they come together, they'll never get anywhere.

It’s people who live their lives at the extremes of politics that mess things up for the majority of normal people.

If it were up to me, I'd lock them both in a room together and only let them out if they could come to an agreement that would be acceptable and beneficial  to everyone.

Bill :)

I've just envisioned your analogy Bill and the water is going in the same direction whichever way you look at it 😉

48 minutes ago, Gary said:

This is the exact reason I decided entering politics and joining a particular party, as well as the fact i believe it is important for the media to be independent,although few are these days.

I do hope the outcome of this article is that both men put their political differences to one side and meet on a regular basis to work on the best outcomes for Warrington. One has a direct route to Government and the other has control of our local council - working together they could probably achieve a lot more for our town.

https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2021/01/12/one-year-on-tory-mp-and-labour-leader-have-still-not-met-for-talks-and-both-blame-each-other/

Look at the final paragraph of the letter to Andy Carter from 8th January. It says he has offered to meet both, and not EACH, and specifies the topic of the discussion explicitly.

In the interview Russ says " I have written to him on two occasions requesting a meeting and yet he hasn’t even had the courtesy to reply." 

Well the 8th of January was not a clear request but in the 23rd Dec Russ said "I remind you that I did write to you on 8 January 2020 in order to set up that regular political dialogue and to discuss all Council matters including finances." Read the two letters and that sentence is not true, the letter he chose to include was only about council finances and would not have led to an open discussion. Being Independent doesn't mean that you do not seek truth and so thanks to Gary for letting us all decide for ourselves who is telling the truth.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, Confused52 said:

Look at the final paragraph of the letter to Andy Carter from 8th January. It says he has offered to meet both, and not EACH, and specifies the topic of the discussion explicitly.

In the interview Russ says " I have written to him on two occasions requesting a meeting and yet he hasn’t even had the courtesy to reply." 

Well the 8th of January was not a clear request but in the 23rd Dec Russ said "I remind you that I did write to you on 8 January 2020 in order to set up that regular political dialogue and to discuss all Council matters including finances." Read the two letters and that sentence is not true, the letter he chose to include was only about council finances and would not have led to an open discussion. Being Independent doesn't mean that you do not seek truth and so thanks to Gary for letting us all decide for ourselves who is telling the truth.

Thanks Confused -  just always try and do my best for Warrington - but as you have seen for yourself there are those out there who try and rubbish my reports and facts - all I ever do is try and report the facts to the best of my ability and impartially. I have my own opinions which I sometimes publish and certainly vent on social media but they will never stop me working with and trying  to help those who are also trying their best for our town. I find it frustrating that most politicians I have met set out with the best intentions but then get dragged down by the political mud slinging.