Remote Learning ?

Observer II

Have a nephew who's family currently have the virus. He is a bit rough with it his better half is really bad whilst the kids seem to have varying degrees of symptoms.

My next door neighbours have had it, caught from grandkids they think. He was not to bad but she spent a week in bed with it.They are currently clear.

Both have said that having the virus is really horrible and worrying that it will lead to further health issues later down the line.

So for now i will limit my outgoings to chemists, monthly large shops and trips to the local shop for those short lived items like milk and bread. For execise i will do what i have done for a long time and limit it to one trip down the stairs and up again with a cup of coffee. Do this once an hour and i will have climbed Everest by the end of the year.

• Upvote 2

But surely all the "covidiots" will catch the virus, while those of us that follow the rules will be safe?

That would be true Asp if there were only two classes of people, but people aren’t just one or the other. Take my wife (please!) She’s no idiot, but doesn’t take as much care as she should and so could easily infect me. Take my “I’ve not broken any rules friends” they’re not idiots but actively encourage others to go out and follow their lead.

I suppose we’re all idiots to a certain degree and there’s probably a much greater risk from ordinary people than from the odd dickhead that openly flaunts the rules.

Bill 😊

• Upvote 1

Double standards?

I haven’t a clue what you’re on about Asp unless you’re being a bit pedantic about the fact that I used the word class rather than type and if that’s the case then fine because I think most other people would understand what I’m trying to say. If you didn’t understand, then just say so and I’ll try to put it a differently.

Bill :) 

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Double standards?

I haven’t a clue what you’re on about Asp unless you’re being a bit pedantic about the fact that I used the word class rather than type and if that’s the case then fine because I think most other people would understand what I’m trying to say. If you didn’t understand, then just say so and I’ll try to put it a differently.

It's got nothing to do with your use of class rather than type, but you did say:

"Take my wife (please!) She’s no idiot, but doesn’t take as much care as she should and so could easily infect me. Take my “I’ve not broken any rules friends” they’re not idiots but actively encourage others to go out and follow their lead."

This reads to me like your wife and friends are careless and loose about following the rules but it doesn't bother you, but people outside your family and friends being careless and loose about following the rules do bother you hence double standards. Forgive me if I've misinterpreted your post, but that's how I read it.

I think your making a lot of dreamed up and wrong assumptions about me there Asp. I know we have very differing views on this pandemic and I’m happy to debate this but let’s at least try to stick to the subject and keep opinions of each other out of it because it doesn’t help.

The point I was trying to make and maybe not making such a good job of was that we don’t just have covidiots spreading the virus and the rest of us trying to keep safe, although I believe this is the common view.

The absolute covidiots of this world who blatantly disregard all the rules have probably all been infected by now and therefore in reality are less of a problem. This means that most of the virus spread, and the biggest threat is from ordinary people going about their work and lives but that’s not how most see it.

If we can accept that normal people are the problem, and that normal people will always blame others, then that’s not double standards but a fact of life. There’s absolutely nothing that can change this so no point in me worrying about it or trying to judge people. As I said, we’re all idiots to some extent, we’re not robots and naturally some are bound be more careful than others, again a fact of life.