Things that make you go erm.

Bill

The problem with can openers is they don’t last forever and whenever you get a new one it’s never as good as the old one used to be before it stopped working. Our current one is good, big and chunky metal thing with a big butterfly wing twister that make it relatively easy to open cans even with dodgy wrists. I’ve tried a couple of the expensive motorised ones, but they didn’t work that well or last very long.

The pull ring tins are good, apart from the tinned fish that comes in the rectangular cans. If the ring snaps off as they often do then they’re almost impossible to open with a can opener due to the corners. Plus your normally doing this after it’s come out of a pan of boiling water just to make it that bit harder.

Bill 😊

I recently bought a new can opener in the Asda to replace the old Asda one that had only lasted about 20 years (things aren't made like they used to be). The new one is robust with comfortable coated handles and a large coated butterfly wings. It should outlast any use I have for it hopefully!