The black knight on the white horse

Evil Sid

Just wondering really if anybody can remember the tale of the black knight on the white horse.

Well at least i think that is what it was called. I remember as a kid somebody telling this joke for the best part of half an hour. but about all i can remember about the rambling tale was the repetition of the phrase.

" I am the black knight on the white horse"...."THE black knight on the white"..." yes the black night on the white horse" which was repeated on him meeting every other character or on another character informing somebody  that the Black knight on the white horse was at the gate.

The main reason for asking is that recently i came across a similar version but entitled the red knight on the black and white horse and thought no it was the black knight on the white horse.

Maybe i am wrong but would like to know if anybody else had heard the tale.....🤔

The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse was the most handsome and skilled knight in all the land. One day The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse was trotting through the forest when he realised how lonely he was. So The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse decided to find himself a wife. He travelled to the closest town and approached a citizen.

"Citizen, I demand you tell me who is the most beautiful lady in all the land!"

"I can't just tell you who the most beautiful lady in all the land is!"

"Of course you can! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"You're The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse?"

"Yes, I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Oh, well in that case, it's the princess. She lives in the castle over there!"

So The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse trots up to the castle and finds a guard at the door. "Guard, I demand you let me through!" "I can't just let you into the castle!"

"Of course you can! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"you're The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse?"

"Yes! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Oh, well then come on in!"

So The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse enters the castle and approaches the King in the throne room.

"My lord, I wish to marry your daughter."

"You can't just marry my daughter!"

"Of course I can! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Yes, I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Well then of course! She's just upstairs in her living quarters."

So The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse climbs the stairs to find the princess in her living quarters.

"Princess, I'm here to marry you!"

"You can't just marry me! I'm the princess!"

"But of course I can! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"You're The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!?"

"Yes! The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Oh! Nothing could be more of an honor! But first you should collect me three items. I want:

•The sands of time, from the desert of time.

•Moon rocks, from the moon.

•And the crown jewels, from Buckingham palace. Can you handle that?"

So The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse heads to the desert of time. Two weeks travel and he arrives. The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse pulls out a jar and starts collecting the sands of time. And old man appears and says "You can't just take the sands of time!"

"Yes! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Well then by all means, take them!"

So he collects the sands of time and builds himself a giant catapult with which he launches himself to the moon. Upon landing he starts to pick up moon rocks when a Martian jumps out with a ray gun and squeals "BRREEEGGUUNTOP"

"Of course I can I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"You're The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse"

"Yes! The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"PAAAAARRRFFYUNGANT!"

So after collecting the rocks, the Martian gives The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse an enormous parachute with which he jumps of the moon with and lands in the middle of Buckingham palace. He spots the crown jewels and goes to take them when a female walks in and says "You can't just take the crown jewels!"

"Yes, The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Oh... Well... You still can't just take them."

The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse was stumped. He'd never been in this situation before. He started to think about what he could do when he remembered a famous artist who cut his own ear off for his one true love.

So The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse cuts his ear off and places it in a box and heads back to the castle.

He arrives at the castle and heads straight for the princess.

"Princess, I have returned!"

"Oh joy! Did you bring me the sands of time?"

"Of course I did! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Fabulous! Did you bring me the moon rocks?"

"Of course I did! I'm The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse!"

"Sensational! Did you bring me the crown jewels?"

The Red and White Knight with the Black and White Horse pulled out the box and said "No... But look what I have ear!"

Don't blame me, I stole it off someone else.......................who should hang his head in shame 😉

have seen that one but the one i remember involved a monastery and a monk who had to travel down a thousand steps across a mile of corridor and then up a thousand steps to speak to tee abbot.  after several trips for varying reasons, and numerous repetitions of THE black knight on the white horse. it ended with the knight being allowed to pull the rope that should not be pulled. ....and a little white light lit up.

With the right embellishments you could probably keep the grandkids fascinated for at least half n hour to an hour, longer if you can get them to participate.