Do you believe in global warming?

Do you believe in global warming?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in global warming?

• Yes
    • No
    • Uncertain

but shelley that will never happen will it?, by your own admissions in your blogs, there were 5 members of the Green Party in Warrington. 2 have left so there are now 3. 3 members of a so called serious political party in a town the size of Warrington is a joke I'm afraid. There are more signed up members of the Ford Corsair Owners club in Warrington than that!

Green issues are not on the majority of the populations "worry list" because after 10 years of this inept governments handling of ANY situation that comes along; people just see any green tax as a way of raping and pilaging the taxpayer. As has been said, why should the UK always be the one to bear the brunt of this nonsense?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats because you believe that load of Tosh Shelley, whereas the real politicians don't believe it but see it as a way of raising money because money = power. Do you get the pictrure now? No? Fine believe what you want but you can't change nature. :roll::roll::roll:

I see some bishop has compared global warming deniers to the Austrian guy to locked his daughter in the cellar and raped her for years. Now, that is an outrageous comparison and one I could not go along with. But it is no worse that some of the "I'm all right Jack, who cares about the next generation" comments that have been made on here.

Two points emerge: No-one really knows whether climate change is influenced by mankind's activities or not.

As Observer has said, there are certain things we should be doing (reducing use of the car, reducing waste, etc) irrespective of the climate change argument.

It strikes me there are too many people on here too ready to blame everything on governments trying to get more tax out of them.

I personally believe the human race is contributing to the climate change problem, although I accept I can't prove it any more than the deniers.

All I know is that it is highly convenient to deny global warming if you happen to like our present extravagant lifestyle.

Did anyone see those reports about what happened in the US after the 9/11 attack? All airlines were grounded for several days - and there was a staggering improvement in air quality. How can you possibly believe we are not contributing to the problem in the light of this?

Interesting you should cite the "improvement in air quality, with reduced airline operations", Eg: when this Government are proposing an enlargement of Airports in the UK, "for economic reasons"; thus destroying any credibility in their "green" aspirations. :wink:

Like your style Egbert.

I thought the Warrington Worldwide forum WAS The Cynics Party!! -

Party Principles:-

Blame anyone but yourselves

Make mountains out of molehills

Highlight the failures and ignore the successes

Find fault but don't do anything about it

Couch potato politics! :lol:

Sorry - you misunderstand me. Of course I realise governments talk "green" while acting differently. And I am utterly opposed to the expansion of any airports. I think the economic argument is spurious - if they want air travel to make more money there is a much "greener" solution - put up the price! Most airline prices are ridiculously low.

No the people I am talking about are those who blame the rising cost of petrol, food, etc on the government and seem to think it is all a plot to get more money out of us. There are plenty of very good (if unfortunate) reasons why these costs are currently rising and most of them are largely out of the control of the UK government.

Those who call for cuts in taxes to offset these "real" price rises are also wrong because that would encourage to carry on using finite resources instead of cutting back. If everyone made a few economies now, it could save much more painful cutbacks later on.

As for Observer asking Chrissy what she (he) has done, he might as well as the rest of us the same question (including himself).

An interesting factoid occurred after the 9/11 attack, which showed that during the 48hr no fly period, temperature differentials across the US showed the highest ever recorded deviation. The increase as I recall was almost 1.5 degrees and was said to be caused by the loss of cloud cover / seeding effects of the aircraft con trails.

This is proof that man?s actions can indeed affect global temperatures but oddly, using this same logic, if we fly more aircraft, then we should easily be able to reverse the 0.6 degree increase for the whole century!

Bill :)

In my defence as a "denier" can I point out that personally I probably contribute only a fraction of the average pollution. I don't have a car, and when I did it wasn't used for 8 months out of the year. I don't commute, I don't heat my house when I'm not there 8 months out of the year. And I work on the least polluting means of bulk transportation of goods - a ship. So I have nothing to feel ashamed of unlike people who spout their "green" credentials and fly thousands of miles, often in private aircraft, to summits to discuss how the plebs are going to be made to pay through the noses to keep them in power. No wonder I'm critical of green issues :roll::roll::roll:

In my defence as a 'denier' I would point out that 99% if not 100% of 'deniers' are the most environmentally friendly people on this earth. We treat this earth as if if belongs to us and not to somebody else.

I only drive if it is too far to walk or if whatever I have to carry home is too heavy, I buy bio-degradable, I havn't used a fresh plastic bag in 10-12 years, the roll out things in the vedgie section, I have taken back and re-used them. (The irritation and waste for me is the plastic junk as in useless toys which break after 5 mintues of play etc.) And I am definately not alone here.

Why wouldn't I believe that the government is cashing in on our concern for the environment, past behaviour is the yardstick for present and future behaviour. The only ones who arn't considering the earth and future generations are the rich, famous and the governments who seem to feel that they are entitled.

Judge attacks nine errors in Al Gore's 'alarmist' climate change film

The High Court action was brought by a father-of-two who accused Labour of 'brainwashing' children with propaganda.

Yesterday he said he was delighted with the outcome: "The film contains blatant inaccuracies. It's a political shockumentary, it's not a scientific documentary."

The judge then set out nine errors in the film which went against current mainstream scientific consensus:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-486969/Judge-attacks-errors-Al-Gores-alarmist-climate-change-film.html

Howard C. Hayden, emeritus professor of physics from the University of Connecticut, told a Pueblo West audience that he was prompted to speak out after a visit to New York where he learned that scaremongering billboards about the long-term effects of global warming were being purchased at a cost of $700,000 a month.

"Someone is willing to spend a huge amount of money to scare us about global warming," Hayden said. "Big money is behind the global-warming propaganda."