Do you believe in global warming?

Do you believe in global warming?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in global warming?

• Yes
    • No
    • Uncertain

Egbert,

Whilst i do agree that global warming is a concerning issue and I do feel mankind has played some part in its creation I cannot help but think that you do more to hinder your cause than help it when you come out with such callous and poorly reasoned arguments to bolster your case.

"But, sadly, it is a fact of life that the elderly pass on anyway. If they live a few years longer it isn't going to help the planet. In fact, it probably worsens the situation. People live longer nowadays anyway. They should be grateful for that. "

This is probably the most crass statement I have read on here to date. Did you just finish reading Logans Run or something?

You bang on about scientific data and experts, tell you what, go and find me a scientist who will claim that central heating plays no part in stopping old people dying from hypothermia and post it here.

"adequate clothing" you really are a piece of work. I find myself hoping that you are half witted as the alternative is far far worse. :x

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Egbert

If everybody in this country decided to spend the rest of their lives huddled round a candle in a cardboard box, the earth probably wouldn't stop getting warmer and even your eminent scientist wouldn't disagree with this fact.

Would you in turn deny the scientific records that show the earth has gone through several periods of extreme climate change in the past without any human influence and if so how do you explain that?

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion on this subject but simply labelling anyone that disagrees with your thinking a ?denier? says a lot about the way your mind works.

Bill :)

The point you are mostly avoiding is the view of the scientific community. You all seem to think you know better! Why?

If you are taken ill, do you go to see a trained, qualified doctor or resort to a Witch Doctor?

This petition has been signed by over 31,000 American scientists.

There is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gasses is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth's atmosphere and disruption of the Earth's climate. Moreover, there is substantial scientific evidence that increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide produce many beneficial effects upon the natural plant and animal environments of the Earth.

http://www.oism.org/pproject/

U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made Global Warming Claims in 2007

Senate Report Debunks "Consensus"

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb

Former Science Mag Editor Speaks Out Against Global Warming Hysteria

http://newsbusters.org/node/10756

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hot-Topic-Tackle-Global-Warming/dp/0747593957/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211621246&sr=1-1

It answers essentially all the questions posed here. Not alarmist, in fact debunks some of the alarmist stuff. It's real, but solvable without going back to the middle ages. It is solvable by things we should be doing anyway even if it wasn't real. For example, proving that man caused global warming is a hoax won't make oil supplies last forever.

Most likely not 31,000 of them.

As for the dwindling oil supply, that seems to be just another scam too. It's all about control and taking your dollar from you.

'Lindsey Williams, who has been an ordained Baptist minister for 28 years, went to Alaska in 1971 as a missionary. The Transalaska oil pipeline began its construction phase in 1974, and because of Mr. Williams' love for his country and concern for the spiritual welfare of the "pipeliners," he volunteered to serve as Chaplain on the pipeline, with the subsequent full support of the Alyeska Pipeline Company'.

His book is a good read.

Google - Oil scarcity - I found that the earth has a constant supply of oil. No crisis whatsoever. Google - Brazil off shore oil field.

I'm not in favour of breathing in carbon monoxide from exhausts pipes, I do think we should do more walking, and cut back on other energy uses, but the oil scare and the global warming, even blind Freddy can see that it is a scam.

However the point I was trying to make is that Egbert seems to believe that ALL scientist preach global warming, when in actual fact, they don't. In fact MOST don't.

Demelzadoe (cracking name by the way!) I agree with everything you say. The idea that any scientist who says anthrpogenic global warming is a myth is in the pay of the oil/energy companies is a smokescreen put up by the GW zealots who conveniently ignore the fact that the AGW pushing scientists are getting very well paid for their efforts to prove the improbable. There are approximately 600 scientists (many of whom aren't even qualified in climate science by the way) working for the IPCC trying to convince us that we have to pay more taxes while we freeze to death, against some 32000 scientists who say its all bunk.

AGW is like a religion to these people. They wouldn't change their minds even if a new ice age was to begin tomorrow. They would just claim it was "masking the underlying warming"!!!!! :roll::roll::roll::roll:

The problem is that NOBODY knows what the ideal global temperature should be, NOBODY knows what the global temperature actually is and NOBODY knows why the estimated rise in temperature of a massive 0.6 degrees celsius in the century up to 1998 should have been wiped out in the last 10 years while global emissions of CO2 are still rising at an accelerated rate. I'm not going to be hoodwinked by charlatans like Al Gore thank you. :roll::roll::roll:

And talking about Al Gore:-

Al Gore deserves an Oscar for hypocrisy........ while the average American household consumed 10,656 kilowatt-hours last year, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 ? more than 20 times the national average.

Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson said that "as the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use."

Last August alone, according to Johnson' group, Gore burned through 22,619 kilowatt-hours of electricity, more than twice the amount in one month that an average American family uses in an entire year.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=54450

With tectonic movement and the Earth's wobble on it's axis (which, without the influence of the moon would be extreme); areas of the globe have experienced all extremes of climate. :roll: EG: Cheshire has been under the sea, under a mile of ice, and sub-tropical at various periods throughout history - and all this without any help from humanity. :roll::wink:

Who knows what to think about Global Warming.

The same thing happened centuries ago, resulting in an ice age, so it is probably inevitable, and our modern day developments have just nudged it along a bit.

One thing is for sure is that the government are using it as an excuse to raise taxes for more of their idiotic schemes.

Cars are one thing the most people cannot do without, and this has been targetted more than anything, along with cigarettes and alcohol. The petrol prices for one, congestion charges another, and the recent car tax u-turn are alerting the public to this, and a lot of people are realising that we are actually not the major contributor, so why do we end up paying more to combat it than China or America?

Watch Al Gore's DVD An Inconvenient Truth for more of an insight - it is both informative and scary.

Certain things we need to do; NOT because of so-called global warming, but because too many car journeys cause congestion; too much throw away waste is costly and inefficient; unecessary energy consumption is expensive. :roll: Now "the market" is acting to suppress demand and change life styles. :shock: However, whilst this Governments rakes in ?billions in fuel tax revenues; the alternatives that folk need, such as "free" public transport; "free" home insulation etc, are not being provided. :x And as if to highlight their hypocracy, this Government are still increasing the size of airports and encouraging air travel. :roll::wink:

If the Government were serious about tackling this issue then things like solar panels would be very heavily subsidised making them affordable to the common man not just the affluent. They take enough in "green taxes" to more than pay for this. Perhaps they aren't taxing environmental issues to force us into reducing emmissions but to raise more revenue, no it can't be that simple can it?