What lockdown?

Gary

While the latest lockdown is coming to an end and we go into tier 3 - this lockdown has been almost non existent to many people - although thankfully covid numbers are coming down! Imagine where we would be if everyone had obeyed the rules - we would probably be almost covid free!

During lockdown you are only meant to leave home for essential reasons, like essential shopping (food) work, if you can't work from home, medical reasons or education and exercise/dog walking.

Yet I have never seen so many people out about doing retail therapy and meeting up in social gatherings. The police are also as busy as ever - if not more so. https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2020/11/29/police-kept-busy-with-anti-social-behaviour-drug-offences-and-arson/

• Upvote 1

The short dreary days & long dark nights are grating on everybody's lockdown tolerance. At least in March the nights were lighter with the promise of warmer weather to spend some time outdoors either in your garden or even watching the world go by from your front step. There are only so many hours people can spend watching box sets or doing jig saws before the gregarious nature within us longs to meet up with friends or family.

We're actually going into Tier 2 Gary not 3.....although new T2 is what our last T3 was lol.

Anyway, yes I agree with you there have been a lot more people out and about on the roads, shopping and even just wandering around on foot this time than there were in 1st lockdown.

7 hours ago, Gary said:

While the latest lockdown is coming to an end and we go into tier 3 - this lockdown has been almost non existent to many people - although thankfully covid numbers are coming down! Imagine where we would be if everyone had obeyed the rules - we would probably be almost covid free!

During lockdown you are only meant to leave home for essential reasons, like essential shopping (food) work, if you can't work from home, medical reasons or education and exercise/dog walking.

Yet I have never seen so many people out about doing retail therapy and meeting up in social gatherings. The police are also as busy as ever - if not more so. https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2020/11/29/police-kept-busy-with-anti-social-behaviour-drug-offences-and-arson/

Really Gary? Never? The odd occasions I've ventured into town it's been dead!

I went into Mc Donald’s a few weeks back and it seemed to me to be a perfect place for the virus to spread. I was inside for maybe 30 minutes and during that time I saw 100% of the customers completely ignoring the hand sanitiser then using their fingers on the touch screen ordering system. Maybe thirty or so people came in while we were there, and I think only two wore masks.

And we wonder why this virus takes so long to get under control.

Bill :)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

I went into Mc Donald’s a few weeks back and it seemed to me to be a perfect place for the virus to spread. I was inside for maybe 30 minutes and during that time I saw 100% of the customers completely ignoring the hand sanitiser then using their fingers on the touch screen ordering system. Maybe thirty or so people came in while we were there, and I think only two wore masks.

And we wonder why this virus takes so long to get under control.

Bill :)

Are you insane Bill? Going into Maccies in the first place, then spending 30 minutes in there? I didn't do that even before the panicdemic 😲😲. I hope you didn't eat anything 😏