Poster gets elected!!!

Gary

Congratulations to forum poster Paul Kennedy on his election victory, while at the same time commiserations to veteran councillor Peter Walker, who has done sterling work over many years on the borough council.

Well done to all those from all parties who won and bad luck to those who didn't.

Paul assures me he will continue to be a regular on here - so if you want to know what is going on in the corridors of power you know where to look! :wink:

Does that mean he can sort these bloody Westbrook traffic lights out now?? :D

Well done Paul; seems like Mr Cameron will have a lot of letters of Congratulations to send out as well by the looks of things!!

Does that mean he can sort these bloody Westbrook traffic lights out now?? :D

Well done Paul; seems like Mr Cameron will have a lot of letters of Congratulations to send out as well by the looks of things!!

Yes, this kind of reminds me of 1968 in the US when Nixon got elected. People were unhappy that the government too far right, so they went right.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Thank you very much. With regards to the traffic lights, one for Cllr David Earl and his colleagues ......but I will be keeping my eye on it....how much has it all cost...money that WBC hasn't got. :wink:

PS As always Gary, it was great to chat with you at the count....I finally got home at about 6am as I had to wait for the final Parish result which was for my Wife Sue, alas she was not successful this time. And the Appleton Parish Council status quo remains :(

PS I also send my commiserations to Cllr Peter Walker. We fought a decent & honest campaign and he should be proud of that...not all areas of Warrington can say the same.

Thank you very much. With regards to the traffic lights, one for Cllr David Earl and his colleagues ......but I will be keeping my eye on it....how much has it all cost...money that WBC hasn't got. :wink:

PS As always Gary, it was great to chat with you at the count....I finally got home at about 6am as I had to wait for the final Parish result which was for my Wife Sue, alas she was not successful this time. And the Appleton Parish Council status quo remains :(

PS I also send my commiserations to Cllr Peter Walker. We fought a decent & honest campaign and he should be proud of that...not all areas of Warrington can say the same.

well done Paul.Seeing as you didn't take a Labour seat I can be generous :lol:

Well now I have uploaded your photo, (still in office at 18.20 after only two hours sleep in last 48 hours!!!) people will be able to identify you and not get you mixed up with the far younger PK :lol:

I must say if you want to represent the cyber people of warrington you need to sharpen up your It skills and be able to upload a photo! :P

I did try....a number of times, but it just wouldn't have it

Thanks anyway Gary

Because you hadn't resized it properly - all photos have to be 100x80 pixels or smaller!

Avoids getting big heads like Bill had! :shock::lol:

]Yes, this kind of reminds me of 1968 in the US when Nixon got elected. People were unhappy that the government too far right, so they went right.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Nothing against you Paul, though, and I quite enjoyed meeting Sue as well. Do tell her that. She was quite looking forward to working with me on the parish council and disappointed that neither of us made it. I plan to continue attending meetings when I can nonetheless. Perhaps she we do the same, and we can see each other there.

She will indeed Shelley and will be editing the Appleton In Touch, the regular Conservative Newsletter. Sue was very disappointed to not at least get the Parish seat....she would have made a great PC, and as she points out to me her vote of 537 was more than the one I got to win a Borough seat.

Regarding my photo, I will update it in due course. Think WBC will take one of me for their website, and if it isn't too off putting I'll ....or try to upload it to the Forum. As people often say, I have a grea face for radio. :wink::):D

Think it will be down to me Gary, and I'll be left to take the kicking. That being said our Conservative Group......small but just grown by 40%....had to put another table in our Members Room so we can all sit around it, I think does represent the views of the people and we would do an even better job if more of us got elected.....guess we'll have to now wait until 2010 :wink::D

Ps It would be nice if some of the newly elected Members joined the Forum and posted on here in their own names....and face...as it were, the public who elected them. :wink:

I would now like to make the following heartfelt comment, and given the wide readership of this Forum, I know it will reach its intended source:

I would like to publicly wish Peter Walker all the very best for the future and to thank Peter on behalf of the residents of Hatton,Stretton & Walton for representing them for many years. The election campaign was fought by both of us in a thoroughly decent and proper manner without the vitriol or rancour that has become so prevalent and so off putting to voters, and Peter can hold his head high.

Paul Kennedy

While Mr Walker may appreciate your sentiments I don't think he will be too happy about being out of pocket to the tune of quite a few thousand pounds made up from his place on the cabinet, the police authority and other such quangos! :shock:

Is it right that local policitics should command such high fees?

Shouldn't it be an honour to represent the people - not a cash cow?