Castleford Tigers 10.09.20

asperity

Wow!! That was a close run thing! Castleford were narrowly ahead for most of the game until the 77th minute when Matty Ashton scored under the posts to make it 10-10, Stefan Ratchford kicking the goal to give Wire victory 12-10. Warrington have won their last 7 games and top the league, probably until St Helens play tomorrow. Come on the Wire 😁.

Great result under the circumstances, with 9 regulars unavailable.  Fantastic defensive effort by the boys and always played for the entire 40 minutes of each half as both our tries came right at the end of each.  Shows great character and fitness.

Yes I liked the look of Doro but also Robson - shame he's leaving at the end of the season - just hope we have a clause in his new contract that says we have first options on him moving forward....

18 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

I think Ratchford lost some of his effectiveness being stuck in the halves. He was unable to produce his broken play running that works so well for the Wire.

Great win in tough circumstances though.

Yes I agree about Ratchford.  He is very versitile but in my opinion full back is where he's best, but with Ashton coming through so well I can possibly see him becoming a ball playing second rower next season in the mould if Sinfield....

I think at centre and in the halves he just isn't effective enough

• Upvote 2