Jump to content

Local Test and Trace


Confused52
 Share

Recommended Posts

From the report of Thara Raj our new Director of Public Health to the Health and Well Being Committee  or Warrington Borough Council on Thursday 10th Sept:

"National T&T: Although case numbers are relatively low, latest figures for Warrington
show that the national system is not meeting the 80% target for completed cases,
furthermore approximately 40% of contacts are not contacted by the national system.
It is crucial that there is timely follow-up of all cases and their contacts to prevent
potential further outbreaks. Local areas are not currently funded to follow up these
‘non-complex’ cases this is an important issue that needs to be addressed promptly to
ensure the whole system works as effectively and efficiently as possible
."

Source: https://www.warrington.gov.uk/sites/default/files/2020-09/health_and_wellbeing_board_agenda_document_pack_-_10092020.pdf

 

Well, I agree completely that it needs to be addressed but I would argue strongly that is what the Council's reserves are for and the health and well being of the town's citizens must come before the usual political griping to central government. Just get on with the job we need you to do.

 

 

 

(Obs the report describes where the current test facilities are with only a part time facility by appointment only at Jubilee Hub. She argues for making that permanent and finding one or two additional sites available including one in the Town Centre for walk-in)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

The Warrington Guardian is reporting that 2 or 3 permanent testing sites are to be set up in town. We must be in it for the long haul.

They are just referring to the document to which I linked above, there is no new information. We have always been in it for the long haul.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having been out and about around Warrington and on holiday in North Wales I can say Test and Trace is almost none existent.

I have also received reports suggesting some businesses where someone has tested positive are keeping quiet about it as they don't want to be shut down. 

My big concern is that all these new cases which are being reported develop into more serious health conditions as we hit flu season. Add tot his the college student population return home in October and boom!

Not enough people are taking the situation seriously enough. I am doing my best to keep people updated, but having to work bloody hard to get information and then getting personal abuse and attacks from people accusing me of scaremongering.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm afraid the Gov are now all over the place on this -  they've just reduced the number of people allowed in a house at any one time;  well of course, a densely packed group of people in a confined area is a risk - so why open pubs, schools, Unis and other enclosed spaces ?  It's like they keep dipping their toes in the water, to see if the sharks will bite.     😷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Observer II said:

I'm afraid the Gov are now all over the place on this -  they've just reduced the number of people allowed in a house at any one time;  well of course, a densely packed group of people in a confined area is a risk - so why open pubs, schools, Unis and other enclosed spaces ?  It's like they keep dipping their toes in the water, to see if the sharks will bite.     😷

That is only in Bolton so far. Your logic is of course faulty anyway. The assumption is that in places like pubs and restaurant schools and Uni's they will be closely following covid guidelines and therefore permitting minimal spread. (If a pub is crowded go to one that isn't and report the crowded one to the council Public Health team and get it closed down!) However when people gather in their own homes they are assumed not to follow guidelines. 

For the record the 7 day count in Warrington is up to 90 from the 79 it was yesterday and the graph is going up very steeply, here and in the whole North West. We need the authorities to be clear about which kind of people need to change behaviour and be quick about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At 2230 they announced restrictions on social gathering inside or outside with a maximum of six from 14th September. I don't get why it wasn't from tomorrow. Unfortunately there will be a set of exclusions other than work and education. All of which will be pushed to the limit by somebody  or other

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, knowing the risks young people pose, surely it's up to old people to keep away from the youngsters. I certainly keep my distance!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Confused52 said:

At 2230 they announced restrictions on social gathering inside or outside with a maximum of six from 14th September. I don't get why it wasn't from tomorrow. Unfortunately there will be a set of exclusions other than work and education. All of which will be pushed to the limit by somebody  or other

 

 

So does this mean pubs are being closed from that date or customers can't gather in groups of more than six, as on a normal pub table ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, asperity said:

Well, knowing the risks young people pose, surely it's up to old people to keep away from the youngsters. I certainly keep my distance!

I would think in the case of those with any sense and a desire to continue to go on living, that that would be a given Asp:   Alas, we've got Grannies that pine to cuddle their grandkids, or parents who still rely on them to childmind.    😷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Observer II said:

I would think in the case of those with any sense and a desire to continue to go on living, that that would be a given Asp:   Alas, we've got Grannies that pine to cuddle their grandkids, or parents who still rely on them to childmind.    😷

Grandparents aren't necessarily "old". Mid to late 30s isn't at all unusual these days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Davy51 said:

So does this mean pubs are being closed from that date or customers can't gather in groups of more than six, as on a normal pub table ?

Doubt it because they should be socially distanced too. I believe leaving you name may become mandatory. As for the last point I don't know, we will have to wait and see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wonder how the domino league will sort that one out.  four players and two refs all sat round one table the rest of the team confined to a six foot distance.

Could work if they all wear masks and sip their beer through a metal straw. Dominos could be dropped into a cleaning solution after each game and dried off before being used again.

Mind you would then take about a week to play a game considering the speed at which some players place a domino down......🦥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Observer II said:

In which case, there will be Great - Gannies at risk.    😷

You can't legislate against stupidity Obs. No-one can now claim that they haven't been told the risks and expect to be taken seriously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...