quarantine in the uk.

Evil Sid

48 minutes ago, asperity said:

Hancock now saying that if you have a test for Covid and the result comes back as negative you should still self-isolate. Suggestion - don't bother with the test, just self-isolate 😉.

If you don't get sick pay the taking the test will mean you can claim £500 whilst isolating under the new proposal for £1000 fines if you don't . Not as simple for everybody.

1 hour ago, Confused52 said:

If you don't get sick pay the taking the test will mean you can claim £500 whilst isolating under the new proposal for £1000 fines if you don't . Not as simple for everybody.

So if I take the test and self-isolate I can claim £500 because, being retired, I can't get sick-pay? I shouldn't think so 🤔.

It's a made up figure in any event; an attempt by HMG to give a more nuanced approach to preventing spread. The fact is that spread occurs on a one to one basis; so more than one is unsafe, unless of course allowance is made for families, which then calls for a bubble.   Most Governments are being driven by economics which means relaxations in transmission blockages, which, together with the actions of covidiots, leads to spikes in infection.   As there is yet no proven immunity, this will go on and on, until they find a silver bullet.    😷

2 minutes ago, Observer II said:

HMG announces further tightening of the rules in respect of covid;   but not until the following week do they become operable; thus giving the week-end for the covidiots to crowd into B

- Blackpool and elsewhere to spread the virus.  Can't decide whether it's an attempt to gain herd immunity or just pure incompetance.     😠    😷

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

- Blackpool and elsewhere to spread the virus.  Can't decide whether it's an attempt to gain herd immunity or just pure incompetance.     😠    😷

Neither, drafting law takes time. The ones affecting Warrington at midnight tonight have changes from the ones affecting the North East last week and so far they have not been published on the legislation web site. You cannot just say an offence exists with a penalty. That is despite what the Covidiots say we are not ruled by diktat. So far no new SI have been laid before the commons today.

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Seems to me that we've been behind the curve since this thing started,  we're reacting to events rather than getting ahead of the virus, with preventative measures; all due to the economic imperitive.  😷

The Warrington Regulations were finally made at 2329 on Monday coming into force at 0001 Tuesday and laid before Parliament at 1030 Tuesday.

Where is the magic money tree Obs, the young idiots are costing themselves a lot of money in the future if we have to fully lockdown again.

There is a magic money tree, we used it after two world wars, but it took 60 years to pay it back, and as you say, the young idiots will be working their little socks off to pay it.  Alas, we'll be smiling down from above and laughing, or maybe not, depending on what your beliefs are.     😉    😷     💀