quarantine in the uk.

Evil Sid

I cannot help but wonder at the way the gov imposes the quarantine restrictions for various countries.

People coming back from a country on the latest list for qauranteening before 4pm saturday do not have to self isolate for fourteen days.

Those arriving back after 4pm saturday do have to self isolate for fourteen days.

How strict is that rule. Is it taken rom the time your plane touches down or is it from the time your feet touch "uk soil"

a plane that lands at 1 minute to four will take about ten minutes to get to the terminal at the fastest so do the people on the plane need to self isolate or not.

Splitting hairs i know but what is the difference between getting back at ten to four and ten past four from the same country on the list as regard self isolation.

Both sets of passengers will present the same risk but only one set will have to self isolate, the other being free to spread the infection.

To my mind when a country is added to the list then self isolation should begin on that date and not a week later.

• Upvote 1

Well said Sid ,it is a shambles , i think the problem is that  HMG is trying to help the holiday economy otherwise there would be a blanket ban on holidays abroad. You have to feel sorry for tourists having to pay extra to change flights in order to be available to work when the get back home. Profiteering by airlines needs to be outlawed by HMG.

Agreed Sid, it's a total joke - starting with the farce of having four seperate  NHS  Authorities within the UK,  all with different rules.  Time devolution was radically watered down.   They keep talking about test and trace, but it appears non-existant;  it needs to be employed at the ports and airports,  with a comprehensive follow up procedure to ensure isolation.  Whilst I accept it's a tough call on any Government;  they really need to get a grip and at least try to look competant. The tragedy is,  Captain Hindsight just snipes from the wings, as if he could do any better.  😷

Seems they're now wondering why London hasn't had a "second wave";   could it be that half the commuters, including the Civil Servants Boris wants back in the office,  are no longer cramming into tube trains, as they now work safely from home ?    Meanwhile,  some Northern Towns just can't shake off the virus, which it's claimed affects the poorest and BAME folk or could it be, that those too poor or too thick to self isolate, are still working as normal ?        😷

2 hours ago, asperity said:

56 "Asylum seekers" tested positive for Covid in a Birmingham hotel. How did this happen I wonder? I thought these people were being given full medicals on arrival.

This is just what I have been dreading.

Yes 56 discovered

But how many illegals are just wandering the country,courtesy of our lack lustre sea patrol policies of rescue and do nowt about sending 'em back

It's a nightmare that I can't see an answer to.

As they say ... The horse has bolted.

Selectividad essays (Gabriela Rubio): Some funny English proverbs

2 hours ago, asperity said:

56 "Asylum seekers" tested positive for Covid in a Birmingham hotel. How did this happen I wonder? I thought these people were being given full medicals on arrival.

Well if the hotel is near the disturbance last night it will be in the area of highest per capita infection in the country. However if you look at the thread where I put the graphs you will see that Warrington is now heading to local measures territory without any of the usual excuses.

See Why has Warrington got more infections per head than London latest

At sixes and sevens - scientists are now saying, what seems fairly obvious to anyone with common sense,  there is no scientific rationale behind six as a limit to meeting people at home.   The inescapable fact is, that this virus is spread from one to one human contact, which means everyone remains isolated from each other, as far as possible, although family bubbles will inevitably exist.   Another example of the triumph of hope over reality by HMG.    😷

What happened to the coughing & sneezing over people ,breathing on other people even ,that the mask is supposed to limit ? These advisers are stretching  their credibility to the limit. I was reading a news article yesterday that said more people were dying from flu & pneumonia than covid.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:23 PM, Davy51 said:

What happened to the coughing & sneezing over people ,breathing on other people even ,that the mask is supposed to limit ? These advisers are stretching  their credibility to the limit. I was reading a news article yesterday that said more people were dying from flu & pneumonia than covid.

Wait until three weeks from now before drawing a conclusion on that one.

• Upvote 1

Seems Covidiots are fuelling the continued spikes in infections -  a Bolton man returned from holiday but refused to self isolate for 14 days, instead he went on a pub crawl and infected his mates.   Looking at the queues waiting for "tests",   there is no social distancing, so if any idiots have got it, they make sure the rest get it too.  😷

My ex neighbor, a wonderful old lady in her eighties, has been beset with medical problems for about a year.   She underwent several operations and months of therapy and finally entered a nursing / therapy home.  Due to covid19, she has not had her family at her side through the whole of this ordeal.

last week, the home personnel told the family that if she didn't see them soon she was going to die - she had given up.  They contacted Greg Abbot, the Govener of Texas and he granted them access, one at a time, to stay with her.  Presently she is improving daily.

Of course the bunkerheads and fencepost's minds cannot comprehend this aspect of their blinders, or this degree of thinking.  They have no idea that they are more of a problem then the virus itself.

The fact that HMG are at sixes and sevens with all this, is furthering a drift towards anarchy -  seems the rule of six doesn't apply to grouse shooting or fox hunting.   Those societies with the most so-called freedom will suffer more imo, than those more controlling authoritarian regimes, who are used to social discipline.     😷