Huddersfield Giants 15.08.20

asperity

A 19-18 victory courtesy of a Blake Austin drop goal in the closing minutes. A tough game made harder by Wires being reduced to 12 men twice in the first half, BMM being adjudged to have fouled a Huddersfield player who had to be carried off, and Blake Austin being shown yellow for a trip. Predictably the Sky commentary team were calling for a red card for BMM but fortunately they don't referee the game.

It seems that sky think they have some kind of authority to be the voice of knowledge and reason in a game where at the end of the day they are basically just the broadcasters. 

Luckily Ben Thaler has a more open mind.

But I fear that at the disciplinary review Massila will get a 3 game ban  just hope I'm wrong.

• Upvote 1

Commentators biased against warrington, NEVER. In all my years as an air traffic controller flying pig farm have i heard such rot.

BMM might get a 3 match ban but personally i could not see what he could have done differently. He was committed to the tackle and the other guy was dipping down. hard to make the adjustment at the speed they were going.

As for Austin, It could not have been more blatant trip. He even looked over his shoulder to make sure he got the man. Best bit of over acting i have ever seen though protesting his "innocence"

all in all a very hard match especially at the pace it is now played.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Wirewire said:

Yes Latch the commentators never seem to give Warrington any credit and were keen to get BMM off the pitch permanently.

I always thought that once Eddie and Stevo went sky would improve enormously and change the way our game was presented

How very wrong I was .....

image.jpeg.129a5c5d937ff880dff66e83b4e40e6f.jpeg

I think but for neck injuries to Huddersfield players we would have struggled to win that game. I think our indiscipline though should perhaps be scrutinised more at club level ,it could easily cost us results & is unnecessary among professionals who know the rules.