Local lock downs ?

There was a Medical Advisor  from Blackburn on morning TV,  saying that local lock downs are a bad idea, because families confined to small terraced housing will share the virus between them.   Well of course they will, BUT, surely the point is, they won't be sharing it with anyone else.    :rolleyes:  😷

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Observer II said:

There was a Medical Advisor  from Blackburn on morning TV,  saying that local lock downs are a bad idea, because families confined to small terraced housing will share the virus between them.   Well of course they will, BUT, surely the point is, they won't be sharing it with anyone else.    :rolleyes:  😷

He is trying to impose lower restrictions to get the numbers down so as to prevent a more draconian approach. Leicester left it too late but the chap in Blackburn appears to be more competent.

• 4 weeks later...

Now the media are trying to blame "lock downs" for an additional 2 deaths for every 3 corvid deaths.    Due to people not attending for existing treatments to Hospitals or GPs.   But it isn't lock downs that cause this, it's fear of the virus,  a lack of confidence to be secure against infection in Hospitals and difficulties of getting to see a GP.     😷

• Upvote 1

I think it's down to the success of the "protect our NHS" propaganda the government started in March that they haven't pulled back on. They, and the media, need to stop all the fear-mongering and start getting us back to normal ASAP. Even with the supposed "deadly pandemic" overall death rates in this country are below the 5 year average, although the number of deaths at home is above the 5 year average.

1 hour ago, Observer II said:

Because of a lack of confidence in the bio-security of the NHS and inaccessibilty to GPs.   Many may prefer to die at home than in ICU, in an induced coma, with a machine trying to keep you alive.   😷

I can speak from first hand experience having been hospitalised for 10 days in June.

The treatment was first class despite my reservations about going in in the first place.

My fears were totally groundless the nurses were bright and cheerful and apart from not having visitors you would have thought it was the same ward a year previously.Even the food was offered with a menu that would put many pub grub establishments to shame.

Admittedly we were in a tightly regulated health and safety conscious bubble in our ward,but that just gave all the patients extra confidence in the care we were recieving.

Not the dreaded preconceptions of the vast amount of the public but a perfectly normal admission/treatment/discharge.

Thanks to all at the Warrington Hospital.

By June, they  no doubt had the PPE for all staff, including the cleaners; which wasn't the case earlier, when I visited in Dec, when the seed of fear was well and truly sown.    😷   I rang the GPs surgery, having given up on a consultation, I asked for a blood test form to assist distanced diagnosis; said I'd call in the surgery to collect it - "Oh no", said the receptionist "we'll post it out to you".   Seems we're not the only one's subject to fear.   😷

i had to collect blood test form for Mrs sid the other day.  i even offered to send them the email address of my printer to save me a journey but no. it is only for her annual review but they will not issue her tablets until she has the test.

all she had to was then book a blood test appointment at the hospital. that is for this coming Wednesday. fortunately she has enough tablets to last and even if they are late getting them a few days won't really make that much difference to her condition.