Costa del Corona !

We are booked for the Costa del sol in October ,hope it is safe to travel. We booked it before all this pandemic kicked off.

One thing we all have to be mindful of is that many European countries are tourism dependent & when travelling abroad we have to weigh up whether or not these desperate destinations are completely honest with the Covid19 state of play in their countries. I fully expect European countries to extend their seasons this year to try & recoup their losses.

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest Dave;  no one's going to be "completely honest";   it's called expediency, which tends to emerge when money is concerned. That's why we've suddenly gone from 2m to 1m, cos we can't fit the customers into restaurants unless we reduce to 1m;  but that goes completely out of the window too, when they want to fit them into an aircraft.  It's like watching a car crash in slow motion; and pay back will occur (imo) around October when the second wave arrives big time.  😷

Certainly is Asp;  and the excuses and mixed messages being thrown in by various factions , increases as each fresh event evolves. EG: On why Leicester has been hit with a surge in cases.  Although there is still inadequate and a lack of cooperation with testing, testing is being blamed for exposing an increase in cases.  Then the usual suspects put it down to poverty and crowded living conditions, rather than ignorance of the scientific advice.   But the classic for me, was the BAME excuse, that ethnic groups weren't informed in their own language;  excuse me, but we all live in the UK, where the official language is English - get real or get out.  Now, as if to take the rug from under the whole scenario; China has announced that it's identified a new "swine flu" that can transfer to humans, with the same contagion features as Corvid. So why isn't China being isolated by the international community, until it gives transparent information and starts to tackle the cultural causes, and why isn't the UK banning all traffic from China ?   These viruses have to be isolated and contained as early as possible, if this saga isn't going to go on and on.   :rolleyes:    😷

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

The Catalonia region of north-eastern Spain has seen another 1,226 infections
Four million people have been told to stay indoors in the capital, Barcelona 

and we are still sending tourists over there.???

But more scary is that when they come home it won't be just a sun tan they bring back!

Did see an article about some british holiday makers who got to the hotel and found that it was closed for the duration. Think that was somewhere in Spain but not sure where or when it was.

given that global infections have hit a record daily high i do wonder if easing measures is the right thing to do.

It's not the right thing or the safe thing to do Sid;  BoJo et al are now being driven by economic expediency and the lemmings driven by belief even if the catch it, it won't kill them.   Bit like the African migrations across crocodile infested rivers !    😷

I see there are now discrepancies being identified in the Covid19 death figures. Apparently, PHE have classed any death where anyone who has tested positive at some stage as a covid death, completely ignoring that they may have actually recovered from covid & died of something else.

• Upvote 1

I'm afraid imo the UK is politically incapable of any rational organisation of it's admin structures;  we've got a profusion of "Trusts" all overseen by faceless, unelected Boards;  overseen by four "national" Governments.  We've got Local Councils, both County and Unitary; with new overlays of "City Regions", which don't match the devolution awarded to the nations.  We still have an archaic, unelected House of Lords, that keeps getting topped up to over 800, all claiming expenses for just signing in; and costing over £40 mill pa.   imo it's an absolute dogs breakfast, that has evolved like an unweeded garden, owing nothing to the overall efficient management of our affairs.  None of the main Parties want to modernise it, as they are the main beneficeries of the current mess, as it provides more slots for politicians.     😠

If there are aliens out there that were thinking of colonising earth I bet they have lost interest in paying us a visit sometime in the future and have totally lost interest in coming here now, probably decided to wait until we have wiped ourselves out completely which lets face shouldn't be too long now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2020 at 6:59 AM, algy said:

If there are aliens out there that were thinking of colonising earth I bet they have lost interest in paying us a visit sometime in the future and have totally lost interest in coming here now, probably decided to wait until we have wiped ourselves out completely which lets face shouldn't be too long now.

image.png.5ca904b0208b29faefb28457c667b5d4.png

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1