GP's ?

Observer II

5 hours ago, Observer II said:

Think you may find they're thin on appointments, due to public reticence,  if it ever gets back to normal, they'll be a backlog.   They've estimated a queue of 10 million for a return of normal Hospital appointments.       😷

Ever the optimist 🙄

• 1 month later...

For a first line defence against illness & possibly major health problems a telephone appointment is an abysmal response to patient needs. How many life threatening illnesses are likely to be undiagnosed due to lack of hands on contact or simply because many people won't bother phoning the doctor in the first place ?

• Upvote 1

Actually Dave, even in normal times I prefered a phone consultation with a GP; saves everyone's time and they can send you for tests etc or prescribe tablets (knowing your history).   The only problem I see is getting through on the phone; perhaps Surgeries should set up a phone bank, to give you more chance of getting through to a Doc ?   As for IT, afraid I'm still living in the dark ages on that !    😷 

Had occasion to contact my  doctors this week.It started on Monday

Went through  the online business ,filling in the questionaire only to get the message please call your surgery,111 or go nearest medical drop in (well something along those lines.

Called the surgery and after the messages about covid  and the press this for whatever or wait, spoke to the receptionist. she arranged for the doctor to call me later in the day. (i called about half nine in the morning)

Around two that afternoon the doctor called me and after describing symptoms etc she made an appointment for me to call in at the surgery the next day at mid day and prescribed some pain killers. (picked up that same day at chemist )

following day went to doctors and was told that i mat have arthritis in my hip and would need an xray. by the time i had reached the door to go home i had a text message with the contact details of the xray department at the hospital and instructions to call them and make an appointment.

I called them Wednesday and booked an xray for today Friday at 10.55.

Once that is done doctor said she will call me to discuss results and possible treatment. I am just hoping now that the pain killer hold out for now.

5 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Had occasion to contact my  doctors this week.

following day went to doctors and was told that i may have arthritis in my hip and would need an xray. by the time i had reached the door to go home i had a text message with the contact details of the xray department at the hospital and instructions to call them and make an appointment.

I called them Wednesday and booked an xray for today Friday at 10.55.

Seems another good report on this new system.

I must say I feel more at ease now with this method.

Previously I worried I would never get to contact my GP

Had the xray now have to wait for at least a week for i tot get to doctors and be assessed.

Went in gave details waited about five minutes and was out five minutes later.

last time i took anybody for an xray e waited over an hour as they were busy.

have to say spent longer getting on and off the table than they did taking the xray.....🤣🤫

• Haha 1