Still arriving -

During our supposed lock down, over 500 illegal immigrants have been taken in by the UKBF , that's just the one's they've caught.  The French Camps from where they depart are a virus risk.   Meanwhile, flights have been arriving in the UK, with no health checks or immediate quarantining.  So can we take this lock down seriously, when the Government don't seem to be doing so?     Meanwhile,  talk of renewing flights after lock down have prompted complaints by airlines, that social distancing rules could cause queues for over a mile - hang on a minute, how do you get to social distance on a packed aircraft ?     😷💀

• Upvote 1

Air fungus were on BBC tonight with a packed plane. Unfortunately ,there is no alternative with air travel & the first obstacle is finding a way to scrub the recycled air passing through a plane's air conditioning equipment.

It's a non starter if they want to preserve the fiction of spacial distancing;  they'd have to reduce passenger numbers on each plane by around 80%.  or one passenger per 9 seats, unless a family group of course.  However, I'm sure money will win the day.     😷   As for the immigrants still coming in, Nigel went down to Dover to film an arrival (it's on you tube);  given that our PC media won't;  and finished up being cautioned by the Police for breaching lock down !   :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davy51 said:

Air fungus were on BBC tonight with a packed plane. Unfortunately ,there is no alternative with air travel & the first obstacle is finding a way to scrub the recycled air passing through a plane's air conditioning equipment.

I don't know the actual facts about this, but there was a caller to Talk Radio yesterday who debunked the idea that the air in planes is recycled (and I don't think he had any reason to lie). He explained how the air in the plane is pumped in, and also stated that the small percentage that is recycled (20%?) goes through the same filtration system as used in operating theatres. Now I have no skin in the game, no shares in any airlines I know of (hopefully none just now!!), but I'm tending to think that the "all the air is recycled" story is an urban myth that those in the industry have never bothered to deny.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, asperity said:

I don't know the actual facts about this, but there was a caller to Talk Radio yesterday who debunked the idea that the air in planes is recycled (and I don't think he had any reason to lie). He explained how the air in the plane is pumped in, and also stated that the small percentage that is recycled (20%?) goes through the same filtration system as used in operating theatres. Now I have no skin in the game, no shares in any airlines I know of (hopefully none just now!!), but I'm tending to think that the "all the air is recycled" story is an urban myth that those in the industry have never bothered to deny.

That caller was correct as far as I understand it. I have heard it debunked but it still lives on. The latest thoughts are that the main transmission of covid-19 is via droplets and they will not get though anyway. 

The air is recycled, usually about 50%. it is mixed with air from the engine compressors which has been cooled and then the mixture filtered to remove any bacteria present.

Depending on who you read up on it can be a low as 95 % efficient at bacteria removal or as high as 99 % efficient. (a bit like modern bleaches really which kill 99.99% of all known germs.)

It is that last .01 % that has always worried me though, if it can survive the bleach it must be a really nasty one, The hells angels of the germ world.

• Haha 1

Think with public transport systems, being packed in like sardines with zero social distancing is the issue, rather than air circulation.  The other point is, why are people using aircraft during a supposed lock down ?   And if it's a lock down,  it implies a lock out -  IE: no one comes into the UK without health checks and quarantining and our borders are comprehensively policed to prevent illegal entry.   😷

• Upvote 1

There was some bod on the news yesterday ,don't know who, who mentioned the recycled air issue . Could have been the Loganair boss.

Hopefully, the problem is long behind us but air conditioning was behind legionaires disease & eventually gave rise to a lot of apparatus being scrutinised if there was a chance it could contain stagnant water or even vapour residue.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, Observer II said:

During our supposed lock down, over 500 illegal immigrants have been taken in by the UKBF , that's just the one's they've caught.  ?     

Simply quarantine them for 3 weeks and then put them to work on the farms as much needed labour.

Is that to simplistic or have I just invented the wheel 🙄

If we can believe it, one article claims 15,000 people a day are flying into the UK; illegal immigrants still landing on our beaches -  without health checks or quarantining -  😷    One could easily believe that the Gov are actually pursuing herd immunity by stealth.     😷

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe some of the tripe being offered as a strategy in the Corvid19 fight.   The latest is the imposition of quarantine on all flights into the UK from next month.   This imo should have been done in January or February.  Anyone arriving, even those returning from holiday, will be "told" to quarantine for 14 days at an identified address.  So, they leave the airport in a taxi, bus or train, spreading the virus (if they have it) as they go - pathetic.  Surely they need to be quarantined directly off the plane and within the confines of the airport, and also tested while they're at it.   Let's not look for any brighter ideas from Labour, apparently their only comment was to express concerns about the future of the airline industry.   Meanwhile net migration into the UK from non-EU sources has increased to over 250,000 a year - what does it take for our politicians to get ahead of the curve ?     :rolleyes: 😠 😷

What happened to the Wirral process where incoming passengers were transported in coaches to hospital for complete lockdown ? It was like what was deemed the way to do it is now being ignored.

There was even a report on ITN saying that restaurant owners are suggesting implementing a i metre distancing rule to squeeze more customers in when they get the green light to open again. That would would even make a difference to aircraft efficiency. Apparently,1 metre is the minimum WHO recommended distance & 2 metres the extreme.

Well if our sensationalist fake press is to be believed,  the scientists are totally divided as to how to proceed.   A majority of the public naturally want to know definately that it is safe for them to venture back into so-called normality, and I'm afraid little or no assurances are being given.  They had stricter quarantine rules in the 18th C, when ships had to fly a yellow flag and stay out of port for a specified period !   The Wirral process was what they should have carried on with, but I guess it was scrapped when they started toying with the idea of herd immunity and btw immunity hasn't been a proven fact yet.    😠    😷

I think what doesn't help Britain is that because of the Commonwealth we have a lot of people with British passports, but with roots in many varied countries, passing through all the major airport hubs ,to & from family visits. The Chinese  new year didn't help either. All those people needed to be repatriated.

Just had a quick look on flight tracker. At the time of posting 0625. there are 7 aircraft in the air from the US.

2 american airlines. 3 untited jets.1 delta airlines and 1 virgin atlantic.

all appear to be passenger planes heading for either frankfurt or london, Although one  says it is flying between eugene and phoenix.

That is just the ones between lands end and Calais up as far as Cambridge on the map.

That is flights from the US not looked to see if there are any to the US.

• 2 months later...

Over 3,000 ILLEGAL migrants have landed in the UK this year, to be picked up by the Police/UKBF, then let go to disappear into the community.    The HO have admitted they have no idea of the total now in the UK.   A French MP has blamed the surge on the clearing of migrant camps around Calais; with migrants refusing to seek asylum in France. So the question is, if the EU has hoards of migrants who refuse to seek asylum, why aren't they rounding them up and deporting them ?      😠