poll -

Observer II

It’s not just the younger generation Obs.

I have a friend who insists that nobody has actually died of Covid 19, it’s all a huge over reaction and what’s more, there’s no way that he’s going to let the government tell him how to live his life. He’s mid 50s. :(

Another friend now goes out every single day for all day country rambles with his wife. When he returns, it’s straight onto Facebook to show where he’s been and explaining how he’s not broken any laws and how he’s perfectly within his rights to do this. Like me, he’s 69 and ironically his wife is a former nurse. :(

As for IQ levels, both these are/have been former company managers.  :(

Bill :(

They're the type that will want everyone and every effort, to keep them alive if they do get it - totally selfish idiots.     😷      Perhaps a name and shame idiots league may help -  like the guy who drove 120 miles from London to buy a loaf - cos they were a £1 cheaper or the guy in Chelmsford who went on a 10ml drive, cos he was bored and finished up crashing into a fence. Seems Darwin's theory isn't working properly !     😷

The first day of the lockdown I had to go out on a semi emergency and felt a bit ashamed because I was the only one out at that time but now it’s like half the country is out there. There must be two or three times more people milling about round here now than there was prior to the virus and it’s not like this area is full of flats where people can’t get outside. I’ve never seen so many joggers bike riders and backpackers in my life and I think it’s down to how people choose to interpret the governments instructions.  

Bill :)

The 6 foot rule is just a complete guesstimate because others in the scientific community suggest that the figure should be at least 24 ft. The point is that nobody knows for sure what's a safe distance and how far the virus can travel. My thought is that with a chest infection, there's a strong likelihood that the virus could be carried on the breath just from normal breathing so you don't actually need to cough or sneeze to spread it. When they show the slow motion of someone coughing or sneezing, the camera only sees visible particles of snot but the virus itself is so small that it could easily be carried much further rather like smelling someones cigarette smoke at great distance. The only really safe distance imo is complete isolation.

Bill :) 

• Upvote 1

I just saw a video by a virologist. He was explaining that it was all about viral load. If you are in contact with the virus in a limited way such that your body is able to fight off the virus then you can build up an immunity and recover. If, however, you are in an environment with a lot of virus carriers and surfaces with the virus your immune system can be overloaded. This is why people in the health service need protection from viral overload. People who go out partying with their mates and thinking they are invincible may get away with it themselves but are putting their mates in danger by just being in close contact. We will see in the coming days/weeks/months who has been sensible and who has been reckless.

Bill, new research suggests the danger zone is in the slipstream of a moving person so the distance gap needed is seemingly 4m for a walker, 10 m for a runner and 20m for a cyclist! Based on that I am seriously concerned about the berks who drive around with the car and van windows open.

1 hour ago, Confused52 said:

Bill, new research suggests the danger zone is in the slipstream of a moving person so the distance gap needed is seemingly 4m for a walker, 10 m for a runner and 20m for a cyclist! Based on that I am seriously concerned about the berks who drive around with the car and van windows open.

You missed out "with their in-car stereo system blasting out crap music at full volume" Con 😉

On 4/9/2020 at 9:49 PM, Confused52 said:

Not a Doctor or scientist of any sort but if the above was true then the virus would be far more infectious then it is and just passing someone would transmit the virus, yet there are examples of people in the same house were one person is infected but others don't catch it. this strain is more dangerous is because it can live on surfaces a lot longer then others, most people get infected from family members

I am getting my convertible out next month!.