No petrol/diesel cars post 2035 !

Observer II

I've tried the fog excuse for staying at the pub but she never believes me. I remember those fogs (smogs) back in the sixties and they were particularly bad the nearer you were to the river. These days though, the younger generation think its bad if it gets a bit misty having never experienced a proper pea-souper. Back then, the air was so full of smoke particulates from all the coal fires that smog formed very easily but by the seventies most folk had changed to gas and electric and it all changed. The only time we saw fog/smog after that tended to be the morning after bonfire night but even that's rare these days since they restricted fires to organised events only.

On the battery thing, they tend to be guaranteed to retain 75% of their capacity for between 5 to 8 years. I just found an excellent web page that gives a really clear and understandable overview on this, including the what happens when they start to fail. https://www.edfenergy.com/electric-cars/batteries 

Bill :) 

• Upvote 1