Home on the range

Stallard12

Here you go, let's have some controversy.   Recently read some more Peter Robinson novels, (he's very good) where the cops heard that someone had a gun at home.  They went ape shit, swat teams and everything.  

Well, I just got back from the practice range with my Colt Army 45, Glock 17 and Rutger LC 9 automatic.  My buddies have twice as many, we all have concealed carry permits, including training.  It's great fun for a couple of hours and non of us would hurt a fly unless we were under death threat.  I think that, apart from a few posters on this forum, the U.K. has lost its mind and the police force is nuts.

Can't argue with that stallard think brexit has had a lot to do with the insanity of the people and the police seem to be spending more time investigating each other than anything else.

As far as gun crimes go, we seem to have very little in that regard. Possibly due to the police overkill tactics when guns are suspected to be in or around a suspect. Think they are trying to send out the message, "you have a gun we will send an army to take it away."

P.S. I hope you are not including me in the few posters, i lost my mind many years ago and am quite enjoying it.🤪

I think the world is insane.   When the wise Founding Fathers wrote the right to bear arms into theConstitution, to give the ordinary people protection from a possibly rogue Government, it seemed like a fantasy.   What should we think now?   Seems to me that they are about to be vindicated.

When the storm troopers come banging on your door you won't have any way to protect yourself.  If it happens in Texas, they'll dang sure need body armor !

Until 2008 the view you have of the Second Amendment was not really accepted. The wording of the amendment "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." was taken by all Americans I spoke to as being clear that the Bill of Rights was intended to allow the readiness and support of Militias being under the control of the state. The intention was very much to protect the state rather than protect the individual from the state. It was upturned by the Supreme Court in 2008 in a case which seems to have been intended by the justices to overturn the excesses of the ban in the District of Columbia whilst making it clear that guns with no lawful purpose could still be regulated.

As ever when courts get involve and make new law things do not get better.

When the right to bear arms was introduced, the weapon generally in use was a muzzle loaded rifle, allowing possibly 3 shots per minute - so hardly a weapon of mass destruction.  Today, a range of automatic weapons are available, thus allowing any nut case to take out scores of victims in one go, that's the difference.  

Fully automatic weapons have been banned for years.   A semi automatic weapon could be modified to automatic by using a bump stock, which have now also been banned.  An AR 15 is no different in operation than a hunting rifle, but everyone gets excited because it's shape looks like a Rambo weapon and the movie weapons that automatically fire blanks.  This highlights the absolute farce of additional gun laws and their advocates, obviously the criminals will never obey them, so only the responsible gun owners are punished by them.   

Everyone who wants to own a gun has to fill out an application and answer questions about their situation.  The applications are then processed and checked, in some States it involves waiting seven days before approval, in Texas it's usually several hours while your responses are checked electronically.  The problem is the loony Left !  Because of PC, no one is allowed to ask about mental treatments or problems and those are the dudes who commit the mass shootings.   The most onerous of the additional laws being pushed by the left is a national registry.  This would give a rogue government the ability to forcibly circumvent the Constitution by breaking down doors and confiscating weapons.  If you don't think it could happen, watch the news over the next few months and see the Obama appointed FBI and NES leaders up on criminal charges for falsifying warrant applications to obtain permission to spy on the Trump campaign and start the Russian collusion coup.

There are 330 million people and 200 million guns in private hands in the US, mandatory confiscation would cause a civil war.

Criminals and movie actors are the only people who can obtain military weapons.   Hunting season starts this weekend and there will be lots of AR 15's putting venison on the table, not indulging in mass shootings.   Which by the way, is the only way to economically control the herd size and stop them starving to death.  Here in Texas, especially on the ranches, you can be over an hour away from the closest law enforcement, you have to take care of yourself, especially when drug cartels are constantly crossing your land.   No disrespect friends, but you can't have discussions on these subjects on an apples and apples basis,  it's apples and pears.

President Trump and Delta Force kicked ass this weekend !