New Co-Op in Great Sankey

asperity

https://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/2019/08/20/new-food-store-set-to-open-at-great-sankey/#comment-340724

In the article it states that the new store will be using 100% renewable energy. I'm curious as to where they're getting it from. The solar farms in Yorkshire bought by our council? Must be a long cable 🤔

Renewable energy is energy that is collected from renewable resources, which are naturally replenished on a human timescale, such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves, and geothermal heat.

You could also add hot air and promises by politicians.

always puzzles me though on how they know which bit of the electricity is the renewable bit and which bit is not ,it all come through the same cables via the national grid.

Is it the green colour or does it have a separate channel like tv programs or what?🤨

• Upvote 1

A few years ago my mum was persuaded to switch to SSE by the salesman telling her "your electricity will be provided by your local power station at Fiddlers Ferry". Not an out an out lie to be fair, more like being economical with the truth. In common with most people my mum didn't know anything about the National Grid and how it works, nor did she care so long as the kettle boiled when it was switched on etc.

• Upvote 1