Who pays who ?

Observer II

In fact I'll go further. Why are people trying to convince us that the world is a less healthy place than it was 50, 100 years ago when anyone with half a brain can see that it just isn't? People just can't see the evidence in front of their own eyes and believe any rot they get told by the magic box in the corner.

6 hours ago, Observer II said:

So you don't remember those smogs then, put a hanky over your mouth and see the black stain on it.   

Thanks for proving my point Obs. We don't get smog like that any longer. The days of factories belching smoke from coal fired boilers are long gone. The exhaust from a petrol driven car is mainly CO2 and water. Diesel engine exhaust is mainly Nitrogen, with CO2, water and Oxygen being the other main components. However about 1% consists of noxious gasses like CO, NOx and SO2together with particulates. Nothing like "the good old days". Given the vast increase in the number of vehicles on our roads recently is it any wonder that air quality isn't as pristine as we would like it, but I presume that you haven't given up using your car Obs? Too inconvenient to walk/use the bus? But everyone else should because reasons?

So we did get smog like that then ?  Which caused the Gov to ban coal fire burning.  Now we have traffic pollution, with toxic particulates - which the "experts" tell us, is equivalent to smoking 20 cigs a day.  So it follows that Gov will finish up banning petrol and diesel engines, the process has already started with the switch to E-cars.   Won't affect me Asp, as I doubt I'll be here.  btw The Chief Environmental Advisor to Gov, is warning of life style changes on a scale unimagined, in order to meet emission targets by 2050.

News alert Obs. The government has already brought in the ban on new internal combustion engined cars from 2040. And I'm sure that the changes that are going to come about will be unimagined, just as much as the way we live today was unimagined 20 or 30 years ago. As I've mentioned before experts are has-been drips under pressure.

So, as I said in the beginning, these changes will and are being made, thus a fact.   

1 hour ago, asperity said:

News alert Obs. The government has already brought in the ban on new internal combustion engined cars from 2040. And I'm sure that the changes that are going to come about will be unimagined, just as much as the way we live today was unimagined 20 or 30 years ago. As I've mentioned before experts are has-been drips under pressure.

1 hour ago, asperity said:

Oh, you didn't say Obs, I take it that you're still polluting the air I breathe by driving around in your car?

I'll be complying with the laws when they are applied like everyone else.

38 minutes ago, Observer II said:

So, as I said in the beginning, these changes will and are being made, thus a fact.   

I'll be complying with the laws when they are applied like everyone else.

That's a yes then Obs, you aren't willing to give up polluting the atmosphere until the government makes you? Very civil minded of you 😉.

On 9/1/2019 at 9:53 AM, Observer II said:

So we did get smog like that then ?  Which caused the Gov to ban coal fire burning.  Now we have traffic pollution, with toxic particulates - which the "experts" tell us, is equivalent to smoking 20 cigs a day.  So it follows that Gov will finish up banning petrol and diesel engines, the process has already started with the switch to E-cars.   Won't affect me Asp, as I doubt I'll be here.  btw The Chief Environmental Advisor to Gov, is warning of life style changes on a scale unimagined, in order to meet emission targets by 2050.

Why have they just discovered this?

Everything seems to be as bad as smoking 20 cigarettes a day theses days, being over weight, alcohol, meat, cheese, stress, resting to much, not getting enough rest.

Maybe smoking wasn't so bad after all?

• Haha 1