Cockhedge and Wilkos

Milky

Went to buy some sealant from Wilkinsons (why did they change the name to Wilkos is beyond me) and found it gone, apparently it has moved to the Golden Sq! Not going tracking to the Golden Sq for DIY bits but now hearing rumours the whole place is due for the bulldozers, how true is this?

10 hours ago, Observer II said:

Just pointing out why I won't be shopping there, sure I won't be the only one.

I'll be watching out for a nosedive in Wilco's share price 😂.

And what Bill says. In future I'll be going to Wilco's in Warrington (by bus) rather than Wilco's in Widnes (by bus) because it will be a (slightly) shorter walk. If I want to buy bags of compost I'll use my brain and the internet and have them delivered. I think that once again you've stumbled across a non-existent problem Obs 🤔.

It isn't as if they're moving out of the town centre Obs! In fact they have moved less than half a mile to Golden Square which also has a car park, so I really don't understand what your problem is. Wilco's have probably seized the opportunity to move into a larger store and, possibly if Cockhedge is being redeveoped, making the move before any disruption starts, who knows?

34 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Sure we all have our shopping routines, mine doesn't include the Mall !   😉

Good grief!! 😲.

So when you said " now folk will have to walk longer distance carrying their bags of compost." what you meant was that OBS will have to walk further. Talk about self-centred 😂.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2019 at 4:22 PM, asperity said:

Good grief!! 😲.

So when you said " now folk will have to walk longer distance carrying their bags of compost." what you meant was that OBS will have to walk further. Talk about self-centred 😂.

"It won't just be OBS tracking across GS to get to Wilkos, neither will I!"

Dulex paint reduced from £16 to £12 and it is £19 in Wickes!....

WELL the new Wilkos doesn't seem any bigger, it is longer but seems narrower  and a lot brighter. There seems to be far more enthuses on household especially kitchen stuff with the DIY things on the sides. Like the old place there didn't seem anyone to ask where things are. The tills are in the middle of the store which I always think is an odd place to put tills.

But I still think it is in a poor location if your are picking up DIY things. There are no trolleys to take things to your car and the two ten liter tins along with a box of lawn wed killer  soon got heavy, the plastic carrier handles of the tin started to dig into my hands, I would have bought some wood preservative too but I could not carry it along with the other stuff I bought, and I am big and strong; good job that box did not break! 

Overall the shop looks nicer then the old one but still in a odd location I feel

On 5/2/2019 at 9:02 AM, asperity said:

Why don't you go to the shop that's selling the paint cheap? Or if you want to go to a Wilco with easy access and free parking why not go to Widnes? There's a big wide world outside of Cockhedge 🤣.

I did go to Wilkos for paint, 20 liters of it and some weed killer, I previously said I wouldn't!

23 minutes ago, Milky said:

I did go to Wilkos for paint, 20 liters of it and some weed killer, I previously said I wouldn't!

Sorry, I misread Wickes for Wilcos. But as I said if you're concerned about distance from shop to car then go to Wilcos in Widnes with a free car park next to it.