jeanious ? !

Observer II

A guy swept overboard from his boat, off the coast of N/Zealand;  has claimed he was saved by his jeans.  Seems he tied the legs of the jeans and inflated them to provide a life vest, which kept him afloat in rough seas for over three hours.  Now, assuming he was wearing the jeans when he fell overboard, he would have to take them off while treading water, but how would he "inflate them" ?  btw they clearly couldn't be the same type of shredded jeans that idiots wear today - they would simply drown !      :wacko:

Once jeans removed you tie the ends of the legs together. Close zips and buttons

Gripping the waist line and holding it open swing the open end over your head and down to trap air in the legs.

Or take a breath and expel it into the waist line to inflate the trouser leg.

any number of videos showing how to do it on you tube.

On 3/12/2019 at 6:52 AM, Evil Sid said:

Once jeans removed you tie the ends of the legs together. Close zips and buttons

Gripping the waist line and holding it open swing the open end over your head and down to trap air in the legs.

Or take a breath and expel it into the waist line to inflate the trouser leg.

any number of videos showing how to do it on you tube.

I've just tried to inflate a pair of jeans by tying the legs (it was hard to tie them in a knot) and then blowing into the waist end by mouth and it was exhausting and didn't work one little bit.  The air must have just come straight out or I just wasn't blowing fast and hard enough.  
Good job I was only stood in my kitchen I hope the neighbours couldn't see me through the window ha ha. 

Dizz they have to be soaking wet so that they trap the air.🤭

Tying the ends together using a reef knot is probably easier when the jeans are wet.

Also why would you need a floatation device in your kitchen do you require the services of a plumber? (to fix any leaks obs before you start with the innuendoes.)😯

• Haha 1

Oh my word I'm sat here wishing I'd never said anything now lol. 

Some funny comments especially yours Obs 😂

Lovely to see you back on here Lt Kyje.  Crikey you've been awol for a very long time.  Hope you are well and have been having fun :)

• Like 1

I remember being taught this back in my youth as part of some lifesaving award thing.

As I recall, it didn't seem that effective and you stood a more chance of drowning while trying to get the pants off under water. 

Tight jeans... certain death!

Bill :)

Anybody who has ever been caught in torrential rain whilst wearing even normal jeans will tell you that trying to remove wet jeans, even on dry land, is a time consuming and often hilarious exercise. 

Being a biker i have been through that struggle many a time. ten minutes was my fastest and that was wearing flares, lying on the floor, with my then girlfriend heaving at each leg in turn to ease them off. ( i will not say where she put her foot but it brought tears to my eyes) 🤔😯:shock::blink:

As bill points out you would probably drown before you got them halfway down. Most of the youtube video's i have seen do not use denim jeans in their demonstrations.