Last Night

How we respond on Thursday will give us a good idea of where we're at. We have just played our poorest for a long time and nearly won away at Catalans outscoring them on the try front. Id hope we cannot play that badly again this season. Atkins could do with being dropped and a couple of others shouldn't feel safe....including Jack Hughes.He seems to think his spot is untouchable

It didn't help that Hicks allowed the French to stretch the rules to the nth degree either , but  we were our own worst enemy with poor handling & stupid penalties.I think the ridiculous shot clock is played out already  & Hicks was more interested in that than reffing the game.

I think the new rules are an improvement. As long as they are enforced rigorously. Players seem to be looking at ways of twisting them and the refs look clueless.No good shouting shot clock on!! continually; once or twice and that's it, if the team dawdles to long tough; Penalty !! Can't remember one game yet where this has happened.

23 hours ago, Latchford Locks said:

How we respond on Thursday will give us a good idea of where we're at. We have just played our poorest for a long time and nearly won away at Catalans outscoring them on the try front. Id hope we cannot play that badly again this season. Atkins could do with being dropped and a couple of others shouldn't feel safe....including Jack Hughes.He seems to think his spot is untouchable

We were very poor and yet almost won, so that shows in some respects how far we've come as a club.  Lineham had a shocker and bombed certail tries by just not being able to catch a rugby ball.  Very few positives to take from the game - let's hope we get the right reaction when we play Castleford.....

38 minutes ago, Wirewire said:

Apparently it's what we did last season and we all know how that game ended.........

I'm happy to corrected if I'm wrong, but I remember the team arriving at Perpignan the morning of match day and leaving just before midnight. The Guardian photographer took some pictures and they were in published.

What's needed is an industrial size bottle of gorilla glue.🙈

I could understand it if it had been chucking it down, there would at least be an excuse the ball was slippery.🌧️

Too much taking the eye off the ball to look where the try line is, or what that thudding noise is rapidly approaching.👀

But then i can't really criticise as i am not a qualified rugby coach. (or even an unqualified one for that matter).🏉

I am surprised with the amount of money at the club's disposal these days that they traveled out the morning of the match.

On a much smaller budget Warrington Town FC did overnight hotel stays on their FA cup run last season.

Person i was talking to on Thursday was going to the Catalan match.

He travelled on Friday and stayed in Barcelona.

He had travel to the Catalan ground and back booked.

He is staying in Barcelona and coming back on Wednesday. Total cost with flights, hotel and travel to and from Catalans ground was just a shade over £300 per person.

Cheaper than a week in Rhyl in a caravan.

9 hours ago, Evil Sid said:

Person i was talking to on Thursday was going to the Catalan match.

He travelled on Friday and stayed in Barcelona.

He had travel to the Catalan ground and back booked.

He is staying in Barcelona and coming back on Wednesday. Total cost with flights, hotel and travel to and from Catalans ground was just a shade over £300 per person.

Cheaper than a week in Rhyl in a caravan.

We did something very similar a few years ago, but instead of coming home we got a train from Barcelona to the Resort of Calella de Mar ( 9 euros single) and booked into a hotel for 5 nights and then got the train back to Barcelona and flew home. It only cost £180 for the hotel. so all in all a really great Match plus Holiday for a lot less than a week in Blackpool . 

Oh... and the Hotel was All Inclusive !!!

Image result for calella hotels

• 2 weeks later...

be interesting to read the disciplinary panel result later on next week. we will end up with half the team banned ( mind you so would wigan).

seems there was a bit of a set to after the match between fans. (around 20 or so). always been a few "idiots" who will want a scrap because "we won/lost/ had few too many shandies during the game" at these games for years but i do have to wonder how much the "Bad Blood" promotion had in this particular incident.

• Upvote 1

The Wire very nearly did "An Everton (C)) tonight, almost seizing defeat from the jaws of victory. After cruising to certain victory for most of the game they allowed Wakefield back to within 3 points of a win. Anyway another 2 points so onward and upward 😜.

Being out playing dominos (the game not the pizza place) i saw most of the match and certainly heard the rest as the room i was in complained about how bias the ref was.

That wakefield had found a weakness on the right side of the warrington team, allowing them to score almost at will was merely a by word it was the refs fault as always.

Surprising how many excuses were put forward for their performance, this player missing, that player not used to that position, etc. but it all came down to "THE REF WAS BIAS" according to the crowd in the pub.🤓

Must also say that the away strip made it look a bit like a vintage black and white film that had been colourized.📽️