One More Down

Milky

So how often should a building that is unoccupied be inspected and by whom?

Given that he council have no money to spare then inspecting unoccupied buildings comes way down the list of priorities. Even the council owned occupied ones very rarely get a full inspection, or even an inspection. (Town hall gates right outside the council offices spring to mind. Only got something done when bits started dropping off)

Probably by the Council appointed "Inspector of Unoccupied Buildings" at periods specified in the "Council Rules for the Inspection of Unoccupied Buildings that are in Danger of Spontaneous Collapse Unless Someone Does Something". Surely such a post exists and doesn't cost the council much more than the salaries of 2 or 3 Refuse Operatives?

• Downvote 1

On 1/10/2019 at 6:48 AM, Evil Sid said:

So how often should a building that is unoccupied be inspected and by whom?

Given that he council have no money to spare then inspecting unoccupied buildings comes way down the list of priorities. Even the council owned occupied ones very rarely get a full inspection, or even an inspection. (Town hall gates right outside the council offices spring to mind. Only got something done when bits started dropping off)

As often as is needed! they did have the money to buy the Cabinet works, go to court and then to pay for demolishion , anyone know the reason why they did this? However the building owners should be billed for any inspections.

Surely an unstable building is a danger and the council should be encouraging unoccupied buildings to be reused, like other councils.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It is the sort of wooly answer you give. 

The pub was a popular until it was converted to a restaraunt so how about a pub, or a house, or several houses, or apartments or shop, or offices, I have seen all of these converted from pubs. You need to get out more PJ. 

1 hour ago, Milky said:

It is the sort of wooly answer you give. 

The pub was a popular until it was converted to a restaraunt so how about a pub, or a house, or several houses, or apartments or shop, or offices, I have seen all of these converted from pubs. You need to get out more PJ. 

FFS  isn't this what has been proposed?  I get out plenty thank you, even met up with the protesters last week at the Raven.  Pubs are shutting down all over the country, so are restaurants.   The protest is AGAINST apartments and shops is a gormless proposal.   Did you EVER visit it when it was open?    The Worldwide asked the question regarding use it or lose it.  There are some numpties on here.  You need to think more, or perhaps, on second thoughts, please don't, it's not your forte.

Pubs were the heart of communities throughout the country. 

Now with the streets not as safe at night and the high prices they charge in comparison to supermarkets,it is more of a special trip than a regular communal evening out.

Also the generations that filled the darts and domino nights are slowly declining.

We need to reinvigorate those traditional values but I fear it will be a long uphill battle.

• Upvote 1

darts and dominos revival to save our village communities lol.  I rest my case.  There were more pubs than were required,  even in Glazebury.  The George and Dragon is doing ok I believe but isn't chocca every day,  so why does the village need two?  

1 hour ago, P J said:

FFS  isn't this what has been proposed?  I get out plenty thank you, even met up with the protesters last week at the Raven.  Pubs are shutting down all over the country, so are restaurants.   The protest is AGAINST apartments and shops is a gormless proposal.   Did you EVER visit it when it was open?    The Worldwide asked the question regarding use it or lose it.  There are some numpties on here.  You need to think more, or perhaps, on second thoughts, please don't, it's not your forte.

Yes but not recently. 

No it isn't, what is being proposed is to demolish the current building, unless something changed

Why is a shop a gormless proposal? 

3 minutes ago, Milky said:

Yes but not recently. 

No it isn't, what is being proposed is to demolish the current building, unless something changed

Why is a shop a gormless proposal? 

there is absolutely no requirement for a shop where thew Raven stands, what would it sell to make it viable?  That is why the idea is gormless, there are major shops and small shops going bust which have massively more footfall than this out of the way former boozer.    So you propose to turn the existing building into several houses without changing the character or appearance or community benefit of the building, in a way that makes fiscal and practical sense?  tell me how because I can't see how.  I fear you haven't thought anything through and are just opining dreams and wishes, if only they counted for anything lol

1 minute ago, P J said:

there is absolutely no requirement for a shop where thew Raven stands, what would it sell to make it viable?  That is why the idea is gormless, there are major shops and small shops going bust which have massively more footfall than this out of the way former boozer.    So you propose to turn the existing building into several houses without changing the character or appearance or community benefit of the building, in a way that makes fiscal and practical sense?  tell me how because I can't see how.  I fear you haven't thought anything through and are just opining dreams and wishes, if only they counted for anything lol

Such buildings have Been converted many many times before there are examples all over the place. You have a huge lack of imagination PJ, I am convince your a Councillor or some sort of pollotician. 

As for shops, I have seen antique shops in such location, kitchen showrooms, outdoor activity store all doing ok

1 hour ago, Milky said:

As for shops, I have seen antique shops in such location, kitchen showrooms, outdoor activity store all doing ok

If it is such a viable and obvious money maker, why aren't you opening up an antique shop there?  Possibly because it would be doomed to failure.

On 2/18/2019 at 6:08 PM, P J said:

And the best you can conjure up is a shop selling a product you know nothing whatsoever about,  genius

I know of many thriving businesses in such locations. I had a friend once (yes I used to have a friend) who owned a wicker furniture business in such a location.

Even if the location is not suitable for such a business at least I am trying unlike you with no imagination you just agree with what gets proposed and come on here slagging people off.

Another one down is the Lymm Hotel and yet again we see planners and councilors siding with developers, then they say they want to connect with people.