Removal of Cenotaph set to start

Latchford Locks

It seems to me that this would have been the ideal time to permanently relocate it.

At the moment it is in a crazy location; access is awkward to say the least and traffic noise and pollution is as bad as it could possibly be.

And as for family and friends wishing to spend a few quiet private moments all year round it is totally unacceptable in it's present location.

Not exactly a fitting tribute to those who gave their lives for our freedom.

Victoria Park would be ideal in my opinion.

But almost anywhere with good access and peace and tranquility would be a great improvement.

• Upvote 1

Ooops I think it was me who down voted you latchy.  I was having a quick read of the forum  last night on my mobile phone which is something I don't usually do.  In one of the other topics I caught the down vote button when scrolling on my tiny screen with clumsy fingers but realised I had so canceledl my vote with the red X.  Then I read your cenotaph post.... and I now I have a red X next to your votes too allowing me to change the vote so it MUST have been me 😜 Its not an admin button as we can't change votes or see who's voted. 

Ooh bugger.... Sorry about that.  I'll cancel my down vote right away. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Ooops I think it was me who down voted you latchy.  I was having a quick read of the forum  last night on my mobile phone which is something I don't usually do.  In one of the other topics I caught the down vote button when scrolling on my tiny screen with clumsy fingers but realised I had so canceledl my vote with the red X.  Then I read your cenotaph post.... and I now I have a red X next to your votes too allowing me to change the vote so it MUST have been me 😜 Its not an admin button as we can't change votes or see who's voted. 

Ooh bugger.... Sorry about that.  I'll cancel my down vote right away. 

Consider yourself on the naughty step today 🤗

• Haha 1

Phew only for today... I was expecting much longer than that ha ha.  At least I'm honest though and owned up to it as I could have remained silent cos nobody would have known except me.   The guilt would have eaten away at my conscience though every time I came on the forum lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Phew only for today... I was expecting much longer than that ha ha.  At least I'm honest though and owned up to it as I could have remained silent cos nobody would have known except me.   The guilt would have eaten away at my conscience though every time I came on the forum lol

Image result for be sure thy sins will find you out

• Haha 2