Violent attacks becoming common

I just listened to the news on the radio and a 19 year is arrested in Leeds for a sustained hammer attack and in London a young man stabbed 2 people in a medical centre this morning..

I could go on and on and on as daily these occurrences become more and more run of the mill ,generally it's the 14 to 24 year old demographic that is prevalent.And most times overuse of alcohol and drugs were not causing the violence.These culprits are cold blooded chilling and calculating in their actions.

It seems to me one of the reasons may be that this age group have been reared on ultra violent computer games throughout their formative years and now seem not to be able to differentiate between gaming and reality.That and a total lack of any respect for authority.Yesterday it was revealed 66% of school teacher's were considering leaving the profession because of a lack of control in school's these days. 

Yes I know young men are prone to violent outbursts throughout time. But the frightening amount and level is now reaching epidemic levels.

And yes my generation had Mods and Rockers and The Hoagie Wagon behind The Crown  and Sceptre pub in town on a Saturday night was well known(and best avoided) for drunken punch ups  but on a Sunday morning all that was a result were a few black eyes and the odd missing tooth. 

Unfortunately I don't see a quick answer as this is now ingrained in youth culture.

Maybe a much harsher reaction from the Police and Magistrates/Judges could quell this tsunami of violence.

Something need's to be done very quickly!!!

• Upvote 1

All due to a culture of liberal ideas that started with the soccer hooligans.   There has always been individual violence, but once the hooligans realized that if they attacked in big enough numbers the police were powerless.  Once the normally 'good kids' saw that authority could be easily challenged they were off and running.  This was followed by the liberal PC ideas of hugging instead of caning and the whole justice system collapsed.   My best lifelong friend, an uneducated man who died about a month ago, made a very philosophical statement, he said that the problem is, that you now have the original hooligans raising hooligans who are going on and raising more hooligans.

• Upvote 2

What i don't like about these computer games is that when a character is killed it is up & running again seconds later. I think  some of the people who commit these attacks though really are  detached from reality & probably have no empathy with the society beyond their own four walls. At least the rough & tumble of the playground ,the sports field & playing out with your mates after school & at weekends  fostered positive  interaction between individuals & an understanding of life in the wider world.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Davy51 said:

What i don't like about these computer games is that when a character is killed it is up & running again seconds later. I think  some of the people who commit these attacks though really are  detached from reality & probably have no empathy with the society beyond their own four walls. At least the rough & tumble of the playground ,the sports field & playing out with your mates after school & at weekends  fostered positive  interaction between individuals & an understanding of life in the wider world.

Apparently you even get EXTRA points for head shots and the number of kills... It's obscene,but it sells and until some kind of legislation is implemented the big companies that produce this stuff will just carry on churning it out.

Not sure, that in themselves, such computer games are the entire cause. Perhaps if youngsters spent less time at the key board and more time engaging in contact sports, they could expend their testosterone in a more controlled manner ?   Youngster have always tested limits and boundaries with parents and authority, and if such boundaries are not firm and the consequences of crossing them feeble, they'll take things to new levels.  

What i find alarming is that horrific crimes are so commonplace these days & as such don't even make the news. I remember how upset i was seeing the full front page images of child victims Lesley Anne Downey, Sarah Harper  & Susie Maxwell...they were big & stuck in the mind, but ,over the years,such crimes have been shunted into a bit parts in the quagmire of violence sweeping the streets of Britain, crimes often committed  by young people.

• Upvote 1