Crazy Traffic Lights

Bill

Does anyone else think that the timing of some of the traffic lights around the town are a bit bonkers especially those that don't seem traffic related and just vary according to the time or day of the week.

My big gripe is the lights at the junction of Church Street and Manchester Road which during the week holds up traffic on Manchester Road for what seems an age despite the fact that there's no traffic coming out of Church St. Then mysteriously at the weekend, Church St gets totally backed up because the lights only go green long enough for about six cars to get through before returning back to red. It's almost like someone got their logic completely back to front.

Bill :)

I'd have thought that these days the control or adjustment of lights would be a simple matter of a few key presses and that any obvious problems could be easily rectified. It probably is that easy but I guess nothing gets changed without a full blown risk assessment and council debate. I get the feeling that the lights might be deliberately backing up the traffic to lessen the queue at the Asda roundabout? There has to be some reason why the logic is so out of wack.

Bill :)

By logic bill i assume you mean the logic in the programs and not the logic in the town road planners.🤭

I find that the crossing of winwick road at Mcdonald to be the most frustrating lights during the daytime running. the lights are set to allow traffic to flow along winwick road. As a result four cars can mange to get across between the lights changing from red to green and back, five if the guys at the front has his foot on the go faster peddle and gets a decent racing start. That is all providing that the inevitable queue down winwick road has not blocked the junction.

another puzzler are the lights at the cemetery as you head down manchester road. they are filter lights during the day but not at night. really confusing if you don't know this, you can be sat waiting for the filter to turn green only to see the lights change to red again.:wacko:

Still i am sure our erstwhile traffic planning department has got it all in hand and have a plan in place to completely solve the whole traffic flow problems around warrington making motoring a joy once more on our roads.🤥🤡

• Haha 1