Weather ?

Observer II

Along with the forecast Brexit apocalypse,  we've now got a Met Office warning of hotter summers and wetter winters;  which presumably means droughts in summer and floods in winter.  So, perhaps the Gov could get prepared for once, to collect, store and distribute the winter rains for use in the summer ?    Bonus is of course, no need to queue at the airport for the holiday sun,  just queue on the m/way en route to the coast !     😉

13 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Along with the forecast Brexit apocalypse,  we've now got a Met Office warning of hotter summers and wetter winters;  which presumably means draughts in summer and floods in winter.  So, perhaps the Gov could get prepared for once, to collect, store and distribute the winter rains for use in the summer ?    Bonus is of course, no need to queue at the airport for the holiday sun,  just queue on the m/way en route to the coast !     😉

presumably the draughts in summer will at least be warm draughts.

I am firmly convinced they haven't a clue and seize on anything to scaremonger as you say. Climate is a thirty year average of weather which actually seems to have 50/60 year cycles so the fact that they get to change their minds every other year is clear evidence that they are making it up to suit their own purposes in my view.

• Upvote 1

Methane has about 30 times the capability to trap heat in the atmosphere than CO2 does so burning the methane to produce CO2 is beneficial, the other by-product is water vapour which is a good thing unless you are a climate scientist. However when the water vapour condenses it is certainly a good thing. The climate hooligans believe that thinking that it is possible to use methane will encourage us to put off building more bird mincers and is the same as fracking which is bad because it stops us changing our ways. There you have a thoroughly biased answer from me.

• Upvote 1

Read a piece about the extinction of many mega-beasts, which to-date has been blamed on the arrival of homo-sapiens. Now, the experts are saying, that the extinctions were caused by "climate change", a reduction in the amount of CO2  brought about a reduction in the amount of forests and thus the food source of these animals, giving rise to the expansion of grass lands and higher levels of oxygen.

I don't do fashion or trends and so get good use out of all my cloths. Maybe I take it too far though because I always remember my son when he was quite young saying "Dad, you make Worzel Gummage look like the winner of England's best dressed man contest!" Funny how little things like that tend to stick in your mind.

It's hard to believe some of the stuff doing the rounds at the moment. This morning there was a claim on TV that the cloths worn by the average family each year added 10% to the total of CO2 which is more than all the airlines or shipping throughout the world. Put another way, it's the same amount of of CO2 as driving the average car for 6,000 miles. 

I don't know what to make of all this. If we were to believe all the statistics about what creates CO2, I'm sure it'll all add up to more than 100%

Bill :)