The Caravan -

Observer II

Well according to our bleeding heart media, the "caravan" walking from Guatamala to the USA is full of desperate refugees, seeking asylum.  Asylum from what ?  Seems a high crime rate and kids being drawn into gangs is sufficient cause nowadays; in which case, every black family in London should be joining this march.   No mention of them trying to change the politics in Guatamala or Honduras, and voting for better Governments and for a better life .   So they embark on a thousand mile slog all the way through Mexico; no mention of why they don't claim asylum in Mexico, which they have illegally entered. The fact is; they are not asylum seekers fleeing a war or enviromental disaster, they are economic "ILLEGAL" migrants seeking a "better life", in some one elese's Country, without the permission of the host nation.   So naturally, without his wall yet in place, Donald is pledged to stop them.        

16 minutes ago, asperity said:

But you have to admit that Obs has a point PJ. If these thousands of people have the drive and energy to walk so far into the unknown, why haven't they got the drive and the energy to change the living conditions of their countries of origin?

despite all the advantages you have over these people, what have you done to change the living conditions of your country of origin?  Did your family stay in Ireland and improve things or did they emigrate to elsewhere where life was better?

4 minutes ago, P J said:

despite all the advantages you have over these people, what have you done to change the living conditions of your country of origin?  Did your family stay in Ireland and improve things or did they emigrate to elsewhere where life was better?

What makes you think that my family moving from Ireland to England is or was a problem for anybody at the time? What makes you think that the living conditions in England were better than in Ireland at the time? And what is there in Ireland that you think need improving that my presence there would help? You are really scraping the bottom of the barrel there with your attempt at comparing apples with oranges. Also I don't know how you could know what advantages I personally have over anybody in the world as you don't have the foggiest notion about my personal circumstances. Time you stopped being such a judgemental prig.

• Upvote 1

I prefer not to get dragged into the endless slanging matches that seem to pass for discussion these days and can't for the life of me understand why this type of thing has been allowed to continue. There's still a place for a local discussion forum like this and I think it can still be turned around but it's never going to happen as long as Obs and Asp continue to react to PJ's taunts. They'd probably say it's all a bit of fun but it's ruining everyone else and they'll still be arguing when Gary finally pulls the plug.

Bill

Well Asp looks like your the only one left doing this then but if you must interact with him then do us all a favour and stop displaying his posts as quotes or better still use the ignore button. PJ is obliviously intelligent but has a nasty habit of constantly trying to provoke arguments. He knows exactly what he's doing and the negative effects it's had on this forum and yet he's been allowed to continue.

I met Gary at the beerfest the other week and he introduced me to a friend by saying I used to be his biggest pain in the arse but I've matured a lot recently (cheeky sod) The way I see it though is that I haven't changed that much but this board certainly has. For example, I used the term "arse" just now rather than "backside" safe in the knowledge that my post wont get edited or deleted and neither will I be banned. But back then, being too outspoken or making posts that didn't sit quite well with the views of the majority could see you banished and the likes of PJ wouldn't stand a chance. I get the distinct impression though that nobody really cares anymore as to where this board ends up which is a great shame, 

Bill

Actually Bill I thought I did have him on ignore, don't know what happened there, but he is now. I try to post positive things on here, in the General, Jokes and Warrington Wolves threads - but it's obviously annoying when even the jokes I post (pathetic as they may be) get criticised by someone who doesn't make the effort to post any himself. Pathetic really. I would hate to see this forum disappear but I'm on other forums so....................................<_<

11 hours ago, asperity said:

Bill, do you blame me when the guy casts aspersions on my family from the back of his high horse?

I simply pointed out the hypocrisy you were showing by condemning families who were doing exactly as your family had.  I wasn't saying your family were wrong to emigrate from Ireland,  it was you who questioned why migrants don't stay home and improve their country of origin not me. Obviously a sore point or a thin skin when it comes to getting back some home truths.    Seems a lot of the Offenderati are at large in this forum,  easy to spot though as they are the ones with their heads buried in the sand hoping that makes the bad man not there lol.

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Well Asp looks like your the only one left doing this then but if you must interact with him then do us all a favour and stop displaying his posts as quotes or better still use the ignore button. PJ is obliviously intelligent but has a nasty habit of constantly trying to provoke arguments. He knows exactly what he's doing and the negative effects it's had on this forum and yet he's been allowed to continue.

I met Gary at the beerfest the other week and he introduced me to a friend by saying I used to be his biggest pain in the arse but I've matured a lot recently (cheeky sod) The way I see it though is that I haven't changed that much but this board certainly has. For example, I used the term "arse" just now rather than "backside" safe in the knowledge that my post wont get edited or deleted and neither will I be banned. But back then, being too outspoken or making posts that didn't sit quite well with the views of the majority could see you banished and the likes of PJ wouldn't stand a chance. I get the distinct impression though that nobody really cares anymore as to where this board ends up which is a great shame, 

Bill

Bill,  such Draconian censorship would see virtually every poster on here banned.  If you want a cosy little echo chamber where everyone has to agree with what posts are started then a public forum is not the place for you.  Being outspoken and making posts that don't sit well as reasons for being banned is absolutely stupid Bill,  there are always at least 2 sides to a discussion.  For the record,  would you agree that the son of migrant parents telling other families trying to migrate that they should stay home is a case of hypocrisy?  I certainly hold that opinion but unlike all the others who this lot have bullied and harangued off the forum I am not afraid to post my views and am not intimidated by our right wing contingent.

• Downvote 1

It makes no difference who's in the caravan or their reasons, it is an illegal enterprise intent on violating the laws of  a country, its an invasion.  There is a legal procedure for immigration and that is the way to do it.  How fair is it to the thousands of people who have legally applied and are waiting patiently, to let these yahoos in.    Entry into any country is a privilege, not a right. 

Most of the caravan is made up of young, single guys including MS 13 gang members, who should be working to improve their own countries, rather than trying to force their way into the US.  These caravans start because they hear, from Democrat reps, that if they just say that they want asylum, they will be let in. They are not told that  they only get to detention until their claims are investigated, only about 10% ever get accepted. 

Thank God PJ is not our President !   We have a real man who doesn't take crap from any one.  5000 Troops and the Texas National Guard are on their way to the border as we speak.  Trump has said that they will not get in and I wouldn't bet against him.

• Upvote 1

Bill. I don't mind there being disagreement because this place ought to allow free speech with the usual exclusions. However, there are some who don't seem to recognise that they are the one with a one track mind.

Stallard,

It is nice to hear a rational view about Trump's position from someone. The dreadful whining about him from the BBC in particular is very annoying. I do not understand they don't get that the job of the President of the United States of America was always to put America first, and the problem was that recent democrat incumbents got it wrong by putting themselves and their legacy first. The problem with the UK media is similar to the US with left wing ideology seen as mainstream so that everything else is tarred with a right-wing epithet. In fact there is a lot of clamour for no-platforming and similar behaviour which attempts to place authoritarian limits on free speech, which is in fact classic right wing behaviour, from people who claim to be of the left. I expect that is happening where you are too.

• Upvote 1

Well done Confused !   You get it - did you see any of the Kavanaugh hearings.  The left, helped by the media, unashamedly destroyed a fine man's family with lies, false witness and fabrications and never blushed once !    Fact: 93% of the members of the mainstream media vote Democrat in every election ( I bet the 7% is Fox News !), so it's not hard to connect the dots.  When it was announced that Trump had beaten Clinton, there were several female news anchors who couldn't make the announcement without breaking down in tears - it was embarrassing to watch.   That was the start of the 'anything goes' war against Trump, lie, cheat, invent etc., just ruin him by any means.  But he's alive and well and kicking media butt.

God knows why, but it is tradition for the party in power to lose some seats in the mid-term election (next Tuesday), if that happens, and the Democrats win back  the House, watch out !  The left has said that they are going to open impeachment proceedings against Trump, but won't say for what crime, just for pis..... them off I guess.  Who would want to be President if you achieve the highest GD P ever, cut taxes, get to zero unemployment, there are a million and a half full time jobs still available, wipe out Isis, broker peace with North Korea and still get impeached !

You can have Obama, darling of the media, who thought that he could defeat Isis with a cracking good speech and then closed hundreds of factories with new regulations. Or you can have Mr uncouth Trump who brings you wealth, opportunity and peace. You makes your choice.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with you Stallard. The left has succeeded in taking over the media and the education sectors. Now the young are being brainwashed by, not only TV, but their teachers and college professors. I've seen how anybody who doesn't follow the party line, such as Jordan Peterson, are shouted down and no-platformed by the students they are trying to educate. It's frightening to watch and I've no doubt the same thing is happening here but there seems to be no resistance on this side of the pond. I've got friends who've been badly treated by the Social Security system and who blame the Tories (if they were old enough they would be blaming Thatcher), but don't believe me when I tell them that the people they are dealing with (Civil Servants) are more than likely Labour Party supporters because Labour is the party that promises the good times to Civil Servants.

12 hours ago, Stallard12 said:

It makes no difference who's in the caravan or their reasons, it is an illegal enterprise intent on violating the laws of  a country, its an invasion.  There is a legal procedure for immigration and that is the way to do it.  How fair is it to the thousands of people who have legally applied and are waiting patiently, to let these yahoos in.    Entry into any country is a privilege, not a right. 

Most of the caravan is made up of young, single guys including MS 13 gang members, who should be working to improve their own countries, rather than trying to force their way into the US.  These caravans start because they hear, from Democrat reps, that if they just say that they want asylum, they will be let in. They are not told that  they only get to detention until their claims are investigated, only about 10% ever get accepted. 

Thank God PJ is not our President !   We have a real man who doesn't take crap from any one.  5000 Troops and the Texas National Guard are on their way to the border as we speak.  Trump has said that they will not get in and I wouldn't bet against him.

I am delighted that the people of America have finally got the President they truly deserve.