New Tax on School Run -

observer

Seems one Council in the UK is to bring in a ?75 charge for parents taking their kids to school in the car. Errm, whilst in theory the idea could reduce traffic congestion by about 25%; how will they prove a car was used, if say the parent parks a couple of streets from the school?! :roll:

Much as I am an advocate of being able to drive my big gas guzzling cars as well as my old classics, I still struggle to comprehend the logic behind some of my neighbours who will drive their kids to St Philips school from the road opposite and then drive back home afterwards! I wonder if they are all avid Jeremy Kyle fans!

Personally I think that the tax should be introduced very quickly indeed, as long as the proceeds are spent improving public transport to said schools and employing parking monitors to massively fine anyone breaching the "don't drive your kids to school rule".

Has anyone noticed that the new forum engine is exactly the same as that used on the Bike Radar website :?:

Walk or car share!

The amount of cars around schools is appalling, some kids need dropping off fair do's and yes there is the safety issue and some kinds are just too young to walk on their own but some parents and kids are just down right lazy!! It must be awful for local residents!

It's amazing how much traffic is removed from the roads when schools are closed. perhaps that's the answer :idea::idea: