Choosy migrants.

Observer II

9 hours ago, Observer II said:

If I had been, you still wouldn't believe it.   :D

No, if it had been I could make an informed decision, as it stands all the reports I can find on this prove you to be less than honest.  If that’s how it is then I’m not surprised you cannot post a link to your source as evidence that you are not simply a liar.

• Downvote 2

:rolleyes: Just type in (Cueta migrants refuse asylum) and you'll find a quote from the Express,  that migrants refused asylum in Denmark in order to get to Sweden and Finland where benefits are better. Admit it's not the same one, but demonstrates the point, and the motivation of the migrants.  :ph34r:

• Downvote 1

So it’s taken you two days to find a link to a completely different story to back up your lies about refusing asylum in Spain .  At least now we know that you find anything from the Express an acceptable source of truth, you really couldn’t make it up, well I suppose you do.

13 minutes ago, Observer II said:

Surprise, surprise - now he's questioning the Express as a source - snowflake denial at it's best. So a waste of time.  :rolleyes: btw you seems to have more than one stalker - surprise, surprise.   [ignore from now on]   :D

Go on, I will indulge you, where did I question the Express as a source?  To be honest you have claimed every form of media is lying in another thread so a little less of the hypocricy.  You have been caught lying again and have to resort to playground nonsense as is your usual tactic.

What makes you think I have more than one stalker?

FOR GOODNESS SAKE....... HOW ABOUT YOU BOTH AGREE TO IGNORE EACH OTHER AND STOP WINDING EACH OTHER UP!

IT'S SO BLOODY BORING FOR THE REST OF US TO HAVE TO READ IT ALL AND THE CONSTANT BICKERING...SAYING THAT IF OTHERS ARE GETTING AS PEE'D OFF WITH IT AS I AM THEY HAVE PROBABLY STOPPED READING ANYWAY.

SO MANY DECENT TOPICS STARTED (MOSTLY BY YOU OBS) THAT THE REST OF US HAVE ALSO TRIED TO COMMENT ON BUT THEY THEN FALL INTO A BATTLE OF WORDS AND NONSENSE BETWEEN JUST YOU TWO (PJ & OBS)

HERE'S A PLAN...PJ HOW ABOUT YOU STOP STALKING OBS' EVERY WORD AND POST ...AND OBS HOW ABOUT YOU JUST DON'T RETALIATE?

YES AIR YOUR OWN VIEWS AND DISCUSS LIKE GROWN UPS BUT PLEASE DON'T TURN EVERY TOPIC INTO WHAT ONLY CAN BE DESCRIBED AS A BLOODY PRE-SCHOOL TEMPER TANTRUM PLAYGROUND BATTLE.     

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Dizzy said:

SO MANY DECENT TOPICS STARTED (MOSTLY BY YOU OBS) THAT THE REST OF US HAVE ALSO TRIED TO COMMENT ON BUT THEY THEN FALL INTO A BATTLE OF WORDS AND NONSENSE BETWEEN JUST YOU TWO (PJ & OBS)

If the "decent topics" posted by Observer are not true or embellished or distorted to put a nasty spin on them, am I allowed to point this out or question its veracity or does he have carte blanche to present anything he wishes as fact?  On other, better run forums you must present your source of information when asked or the post is removed.  And you still haven't retracted your claim that I accused you of racism in the other thread when in fact I had done nothing of the kind and wouldn't as the issue at hand was not one of racism at all ?

Instead of descending into schoolyard tactics Observer simply had to post his link to the claims he was making or accept he had posted untruths and all this could have been avoided.  

Are you trying to stifle debate by stopping me having and expressing my opinions?  I understand that opposing views can sometimes cause discord when a comfy little echo chamber has been established but that’s called free speech, the same thing many on here hide behind when it suits them.

1 hour ago, asperity said:

There's a world of difference between debate and petty bickering, which is what goes on between you and Obs.

But aren’t you a self confessed pedant?  I merely asked for a source to the story Observer presented as fact.  The reason I asked is that his account differed significantly from all the reports of the incident I could find. His refusal to supply a source led us here.

23 hours ago, Dizzy said:

16 hours ago, P J said:

If the "decent topics" posted by Observer are not true or embellished or distorted to put a nasty spin on them, am I allowed to point this out or question its veracity or does he have carte blanche to present anything he wishes as fact?  On other, better run forums you must present your source of information when asked or the post is removed.  And you still haven't retracted your claim that I accused you of racism in the other thread when in fact I had done nothing of the kind and wouldn't as the issue at hand was not one of racism at all ?

Instead of descending into schoolyard tactics Observer simply had to post his link to the claims he was making or accept he had posted untruths and all this could have been avoided.  

OK PJ so are you saying that every time ANY of us post a topic or make any comment we ALL have to substantiate our words with source links to validate what we are saying?

I've posted many 1000's of topics and comments over the years as have you and others and yes sometimes we have all posted links but mostly we haven't.  I suppose we could though if we could be bothered but then what would it achieve other than giving other websites an extra 'google' type tick in the box for the posted back links? 

We all interpret what is reported in national and local news differently sometimes that's because of the way things are reported though as some are intentionally worded to cause unrest and debate and we all have our own views too.   Just because you think you are right about something or I think I'm right about something..or any other person thinks they are right about somethings...DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE ALL RIGHT...OR INDEED ALL WRONG.  But what matters is that things SHOULD be able to be discussed/debated in a grown up way.  

Twice now you have also mentioned 'better run forums' too...well if you don't like this one and think it's so badly run WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING ON IT and not stick to the 'better run ones?' 
Obviously I'm not trying to get rid of you but if you hate it so much why stick around and call it all the time? 

I feel very sorry for Gary who, as we all know, pays to keep this forum running with money from his own pocket every month just so us 'long timers' can all whinge on it.  Maybe you will get your way one day and he will close it down...... :( 

As for you wanting me to retract the claim that you accused me of racism......non retractable I'm afraid as I explained myself more than once about how I felt....I agree that you didn't actually say directly that I was being racist but your comments and you way you kept on and on made it seem like AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS being racist...when I wasn't.   

I swore blind I wasn't going to reply on here again.....damn...OVER AND OUT !!  

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Dizzy said:

OK PJ so are you saying that every time ANY of us post a topic or make any comment we ALL have to substantiate our words with source links to validate what we are saying?

I've posted many 1000's of topics and comments over the years as have you and others and yes sometimes we have all posted links but mostly we haven't.  I suppose we could though if we could be bothered but then what would it achieve other than giving other websites an extra 'google' type tick in the box for the posted back links? 

We all interpret what is reported in national and local news differently sometimes that's because of the way things are reported though as some are intentionally worded to cause unrest and debate and we all have our own views too.   Just because you think you are right about something or I think I'm right about something..or any other person thinks they are right about somethings...DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE ALL RIGHT...OR INDEED ALL WRONG.  But what matters is that things SHOULD be able to be discussed/debated in a grown up way.  

Twice now you have also mentioned 'better run forums' too...well if you don't like this one and think it's so badly run WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING ON IT and not stick to the 'better run ones?' 
Obviously I'm not trying to get rid of you but if you hate it so much why stick around and call it all the time? 

I feel very sorry for Gary who, as we all know, pays to keep this forum running with money from his own pocket every month just so us 'long timers' can all whinge on it.  Maybe you will get your way one day and he will close it down...... :( 

As for you wanting me to retract the claim that you accused me of racism......non retractable I'm afraid as I explained myself more than once about how I felt....I agree that you didn't actually say directly that I was being racist but your comments and you way you kept on and on made it seem like AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS being racist...when I wasn't.   

I swore blind I wasn't going to reply on here again.....damn...OVER AND OUT !!  

a lot of points o I will address them as best I can. 

1.  OK PJ so are you saying that every time ANY of us post a topic or make any comment we ALL have to substantiate our words with source links to validate what we are saying?

I am saying that if you post a news story and change it beyond recognition to suit a particular viewpoint then when asked where you read this article you should produce a link yes.  The alternative is that anyone can post any outlandish, insulting or stupid claim and pass it off a the truth. A link would allow people the chance to formulate an opinion based on the news article and maybe lead to less bickering.   Perhaps as admin you should have a word with the person posting fake news and not concentrate on the person calling the lies into question but that's your call.

2. We all interpret what is reported in national and local news differently sometimes that's because of the way things are reported though as some are intentionally worded to cause unrest and debate and we all have our own views too.

On this occasion it is not a matter of a difference in interpretation, it is a complete fabrication. A link to the original posters article would avoid a lot of bickering.

3. Twice now you have also mentioned 'better run forums' too...well if you don't like this one and think it's so badly run WHY DO YOU KEEP COMING ON IT and not stick to the 'better run ones?' 

I do use the better run forums most days but they are specific sites for sport, art and photography.  This is the only Warrington forum and as a resident I feel entitled to use it despite all of its shortcomings, which I freely point out, not as a criticism of you but to hopefully improve this place.

4. I feel very sorry for Gary who, as we all know, pays to keep this forum running with money from his own pocket every month just so us 'long timers' can all whinge on it.  Maybe you will get your way one day and he will close it down.

I imagine Gary knows what he is doing regarding the forum.

5. As for you wanting me to retract the claim that you accused me of racism......non retractable I'm afraid as I explained myself more than once about how I felt....I agree that you didn't actually say directly that I was being racist but your comments and you way you kept on and on made it seem like AND MADE ME FEEL LIKE I WAS being racist...when I wasn't.   

So you freely admit that I didn't accuse anyone of racism, mention racism, allude to racism yet MY WORDS made you feel like you were being racist?  How the hell does that work?  The subject in question, in my opinion has nothing to do with racism so this is probably why I never mentioned it. If your feelings about how you think of certain others makes you feel racist then that is a matter for you and your conscience and nothing whatsoever to do with me and I would expect you to retract the accusation.