Loosing it

Bill

I've just watched a short video clip on how to use a wood router for fitting door hinges.

When the guy was done, he went on talking leaving the finished job all covered in sawdust so I blew at the computer screen to see it better!

How stupid I thought but then I watched a second video and did exactly the same again.

Was it an automatic reaction or am I loosing it?

Bill :)

I think it's called growing old mate.:(

I am just as bad as that. Last night i locked the back door, then went back unlocked it and locked it again to check that it was locked properly. This is despite the fact that you have to lift the handle to lock it and it won't lock unless you do.

And I have had to do the same to avoid splatting some old duffer oblivious to the world around them.  The previous generation simply killed each other by the million, let’s hope our offspring have more sense .

11 hours ago, Observer II said:

Tons of anecdotal out there;  just had to do an emergency brake as a school girl walked onto the road right in front of me;  earphones in and eyes on her i-phone -  Darwinian theory didn't work in this instance !       :D

10 hours ago, P J said:

And I have had to do the same to avoid splatting some old duffer oblivious to the world around them.  The previous generation simply killed each other by the million, let’s hope our offspring have more sense .

smart phones. dumb people.

I the case of the older generation they could have hearing and sight difficulties as well as being unstable on their feet due to having managed to survive for so long. The young have no such excuse as being old, just the excuse that they needed to know what their mate who is about three yards behind them was doing after school or the like .

however had you not managed to avoid adding to the Darwin list or relieving the NHS of some burdensome bed blocker, who would have been at fault? Well you would for not driving with due care and attention. That the person you had hit was oblivious to the fact you were driving recklessly down the road is no excuse. (the fact that you had hit a person automatically gives the  assumption the you are driving recklessly in some eyes)

it is not only pedestrians that are smart phone zombies, an increasing number of cyclist deem it unthinkable to be able to cycle along without head phones and smartphone, even to the point of using both hands to fiddle about with the playlist or send text or whatever it is they do on them. As a youth it was considered daring to ride a cycle with your hands off the handle bars, these days it it is almost compulsory.

on the subject of spell checkers, do you have the US english spell checker installed or the UK english spell checker.(with appropriate dictionaries)?

Evil Sid,  the reckless driving accusation is wrong.  The old duffer I referred to pulled out onto the main road from a side street right in front of my van.  I was within the speed limit and able to stop.  I don’t think the dopey old buzzard even realised how close they had come to causing a serious accident and how lucky they were not to be injured or worse.

PJ i do apologise but it was unclear in your post and i assumed that the old person was on foot and not driving.

as for the reckless driving bit it was not an accusation merely a statement of what could be put down on any charge that the police might bring had an accident occurred. It was not meant as a criticism of you or your driving.

I could have easily have said driving without due care and attention. again not criticism of your driving just an observation should charges arise.

in saying that not too long back i was nearly wiped out by some young guy who saw gap in traffic and went to pull out. both he and i were lucky in that he managed to slam the anchors on and i managed to swerve across his front. good job i was on the bike and not in the car, or maybe not as he seemed to be oblivious to the bike and just saw a gap. had i been in the car he would in all probability not pulled out in front of me.

47 minutes ago, Evil Sid said:

PJ i do apologise but it was unclear in your post and i assumed that the old person was on foot and not driving.

as for the reckless driving bit it was not an accusation merely a statement of what could be put down on any charge that the police might bring had an accident occurred. It was not meant as a criticism of you or your driving.

I could have easily have said driving without due care and attention. again not criticism of your driving just an observation should charges arise.

in saying that not too long back i was nearly wiped out by some young guy who saw gap in traffic and went to pull out. both he and i were lucky in that he managed to slam the anchors on and i managed to swerve across his front. good job i was on the bike and not in the car, or maybe not as he seemed to be oblivious to the bike and just saw a gap. had i been in the car he would in all probability not pulled out in front of me.

no problem Evil Sid,  I just wanted to make it a little clearer what happened.