Beaumont school

Mimocuja

On 3/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, Tony Coyne said:

I was at Beamont and left in 1963.

I remember Taffy Williams, Nocker, Jack Atherton, Johnny Lyons, Fanny Yates, Mr Slinn, Johnny Thomas, Albert Lord, Millard, Joe Daniels, and a few more.

Tough school at times but enjoyed much fun at times.

Some good lads who were there when I was included Yogi Brennan, Tony Brown, Archie Green, Yozzer Hughes, Chalkie White, Dave Percival, Warren Algy, Barry Briggs, Dave Roughly, Tungen, Jimmy Turtle, Stockton, Emmo, etc etc.

I vaguely remember a Vic Coyne ,was he related to you. He was about 5 years older than me ,i started in 62 & left in 67(seniors). I had 1 term at the new school in Long Lane that was teamed up with Oakwood girls at that stage. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2019 at 10:25 AM, Davy51 said:

I think the worst sadist was Mr Green ,a horrible specimen.  I always found most of the teachers pretty easy going ,  Atherton,Norris ,Birkett , Dutton, Harris ,Millward ,Scott & Thomas plus the three you mention.

Even Green never reached these depths 🤨.................

Teacher spared jail after headbutting special school pupil

The 16-year-old required three stitches to his lip as a result of the attack, which was described as being a massive misjudgement of the situation.

Embrey, 31, was told that his job was untenable after revealing to his employer that he had been charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm and that he would never work in the profession again.

The teens were confronted by an angry Embrey who told them to ‘shut the f**k up’, to which they replied with ‘cool it’.

The defendant’s response was to deliver a sickening headbutt to his 16-year-old victim.

The police, who Embrey had called earlier, were quickly on the scene and spoke to Embrey, who appeared ‘extremely nervous’.

He tried to blame the boys, but then ran away from the officer after giving them his name. He later returned home and police were informed.

One day as we marched into a class to be held by Rupert Brookes I was talking to somebody....

next thing 

Bang !! he must have smacked me in the head.

My head rang and eyes flashed in pain for a moment

He walked to the front of the class and said calmly .. "Anybody else want to talk ?"

When I look back it's unbelievable....

but these things did happen in the ""good old days""

He would have lost his job and ended in court these days

I sometimes wonder if it wasn't a symptom of the times back then.

I mean we were all waiting to be turned into radioactive dust at any moment and Crises like Cuba must have had a really serious effect on everybody.

And maybe the staff(at least some) we living with very short fuses.

I personally thought it was just a matter of time.

Especially when we had the likes of Khrushchev banging his shoe on the desk at the UN and declaring the USSR were churning out missiles like sausages !!

220px-Khruschev_shoe_fake.jpg

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=eve+of+destruction+youtube&view=detail&mid=0D758AB7202DB594F34F0D758AB7202DB594F34F&FORM=VIRE0&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3deve%2bof%2bdestruction%2byoutube%26qs%3dHS%26sc%3d8-0%26cvid%3d3CE6370D024E449FAC83230C2B23976D%26FORM%3dQBLH%26sp%3d1