The first ancient Britons had black skin

fugtifino

Fugs, your first link was really interesting and I must remember to set my v-box t record the programme.

It's clever how scientists and their new methods can gain so much more form DNA samples and skeleton profiles these days.  I often wonder just how accurate the facial reconstructions are though as I still have the same skeleton and skull that I had years ago but I look so different now than I did 30 years ago.  If I'm dug up 10,000 years from now I;d love to be able to peep and see what they think I looked like just from examining my bone remains :wacko: 

Fascinating stuff and I must say Cheddar Man does look more 'normal' in their latest reconstruction to my eyes though even though they say he doesn't look like any of us.

I clearly need sleep as all I can think of now is why does everyone all have the same colour skeletons ? I guess we all just little 'presents' wrapped up in different coloured wrappers  :D

....No doubt someone will come back and tell me a bright blue skeleton was dug up at some medieval site once by the Time Team  :lol:

10 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Fugs, your first link was really interesting and I must remember to set my v-box t record the programme.

It's clever how scientists and their new methods can gain so much more form DNA samples and skeleton profiles these days.  I often wonder just how accurate the facial reconstructions are though as I still have the same skeleton and skull that I had years ago but I look so different now than I did 30 years ago.  If I'm dug up 10,000 years from now I;d love to be able to peep and see what they think I looked like just from examining my bone remains :wacko: 

Fascinating stuff and I must say Cheddar Man does look more 'normal' in their latest reconstruction to my eyes though even though they say he doesn't look like any of us.

I clearly need sleep as all I can think of now is why does everyone all have the same colour skeletons ? I guess we all just little 'presents' wrapped up in different coloured wrappers  :D

....No doubt someone will come back and tell me a bright blue skeleton was dug up at some medieval site once by the Time Team  :lol:

Well Dizzy ,they managed to get Cleopatra looking  like Liz Taylor. 

1 hour ago, Togger1 said:

must have been really dirty if it even got into their DNA lol

Surprising how deep dirt travels Togger, look at this photo I had taken last year at a reunion of the 69th Reg. Backwith Fusiliers and I had a good wash and brush up before I attended.

2112-Burr-Elm-pillow-cassetta-cs12_zps6x