Post Box Collections

Milky

7 hours ago, Milky said:

Actually what was important was when the letter was sent not when it arrived, that is why I needed it post marked the day I was sending it (I left it to the last minute), I sent it second class!

So the fault clearly lies with you and your procrastination and not the postal service.

15 minutes ago, Davy51 said:

£ 265. 78p ,if that is the cost of an urgent letter or parcel to London the sender would be cheaper to try jumping on a Virgin train from Bank Quay. There are some cheap prices if you get the right train, or so i have been led to believe.

or you can be less idle and post the letter in good time for 65p first class.  The Post Office provide many and varied options for post, not just the dearest and cheapest.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Togger1 said:

So the fault clearly lies with you and your procrastination and not the postal service.

Very true on that occasion but is it unreasonable to expect post to be collected end of the day? Businesses are meant to serve their customers.

When I send parcels via parcel companies I get to tell them what time I wish them to be collected.

I posted a couple of letters in Golden Square this morning (the old Fishmarket outside what was the Post Office). The tag on the box said the collection was 1730 on weekdays. Whether this would be okay to get your letter date-stamped the same day I wouldn't know.

6 hours ago, Milky said:

Very true on that occasion but is it unreasonable to expect post to be collected end of the day? Businesses are meant to serve their customers.

When I send parcels via parcel companies I get to tell them what time I wish them to be collected.

I suppose it depends upon how much you wish to pay for your stamps.  I work late sometimes,  as the bus company is a business should I expect them to lay on a bus home at 2am for me?  The royal mail do serve their customers, they just don't jump through hoops and bend over backwards, at great expense,  they do however provide many ways for you to achieve your initial aim just as you do with your parcels but you pay for the service accordingly.  

On 2/7/2018 at 12:04 AM, Togger1 said:

I suppose it depends upon how much you wish to pay for your stamps.  I work late sometimes,  as the bus company is a business should I expect them to lay on a bus home at 2am for me?  The royal mail do serve their customers, they just don't jump through hoops and bend over backwards, at great expense,  they do however provide many ways for you to achieve your initial aim just as you do with your parcels but you pay for the service accordingly.  

No your being silly now, although M and S used to do so for some of their warehouse staff and I worked for a transport company that collected its workers from Warrington.

not asking the PO to jump through hoops, but having a 9.30 am collection time is a bit early in my view, but they are now a private monopoly, if there were alternatives they would probably not get away with it.

24 minutes ago, Milky said:

No your being silly now, although M and S used to do so for some of their warehouse staff and I worked for a transport company that collected its workers from Warrington.

not asking the PO to jump through hoops, but having a 9.30 am collection time is a bit early in my view, but they are now a private monopoly, if there were alternatives they would probably not get away with it.

your alternative was to post it in good time if you needed it to have an early date stamp.  Evil Sid posted info on collection times, suggest you read it, just in case you are silly enough to forget important post again.

1 hour ago, Togger1 said:

your alternative was to post it in good time if you needed it to have an early date stamp.  Evil Sid posted info on collection times, suggest you read it, just in case you are silly enough to forget important post again.

Yes totally agree my fault for leaving it late, but the PO service is still poor!

PS I have read Sids' post, thanks Evil!