Overseas Aid ?

observer

Seems the UK tax-payers have been indirectly funding Jihadi Groups in Syria, according to BBC's Panorama prog.  £13billion per year is being spent, some of which will be going to countries like China and India, who are now arguably better off than ourselves, to corrupt Dictators that squirrel a cut away to their Swiss bank accounts or buy arms for their civil wars.  In this particular case, the money (cash) was distributed by ASI on behalf of HMG, for the purpose of funding a Police Service in a rebel area of Syria. The problem was, many of the Policemen and Police Stations didn't even exist;  and the cash was finding it's way to funding Jihadi Groups.  So isn't it time for a root and branch review of this UK spending, and perhaps re-direct it to our own needs, like the NHS ?       :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Confused52 said:

Well it would appear that you at least think he meant you since you down voted him. I saw you Dizzy and I were the only users logged on.  Start thinking eh!

Really?  I do think your dislike of me has left you deranged.  Guess again. Clearly your low score upsets you,  embrace it, its a badge of honour.  To be liked here cannot possibly be treated as a boon. I love my red numbers

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Anyone who thinks that a good proportion of our foreign aid hasn't ended up in the Swiss bank accounts of the rulers of many of  the countries the aid was sent to is living in an alternative universe. And this has been going on for over 50 years, so who knows how much British taxpayers money has been wasted this way. Makes the EU look like a bargain.

• Upvote 1

Can I just politely say that if the person/persons responsible for continually downgrading other members posts or comments across the whole of the forum doesn't stop playing silly buggers with the facility I WILL DISABLE IT and up/downgrading of people and their reputation count will go and wont be coming back.   

It's not nice and it's not clever to target another forum members and to mark their posts just for the sake of it  to try and score some sort of vendetta point to make them look bad re their 'reputation'. 

Just saying like but hey I have the power and I WILL use it even if if means I loose all the many hundreds of good post/reputation marks I have accrued over the years too.  I never deserved them anyway  :wink:  Now play nice everyone PLEASE :D

Dizzy (Official Admin Grump)

Anyway back to where you were......happy posting everyone :D

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Dizzy said:

Can I just politely say that if the person/persons responsible for continually downgrading other members posts or comments across the whole of the forum doesn't stop playing silly buggers with the facility I WILL DISABLE IT and up/downgrading of people and their reputation count will go and wont be coming back.   

No please don't turn it off, I am doing so well :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

T

14 hours ago, asperity said:

Ooerrr missus :unsure::D

Have you got a problem with what I said Asp :lol:...I am even grumpier tonight having just spent over 20 minutes de-icing my frozen car.  The hail and water from the tea time downpour had frozen solid around my windscreen, wiper arms and bodywork like something out of an antarctic film.  It was a good look though and lovely to run your hand over...sort of like a very cold and  bumpy massage block.

How about  that for a random change of topic eh :oops::shock::lol:

On 12/9/2017 at 9:18 AM, Eagle said:

What an awesome threat to deal with the serial irritant, abuser and troll. Turn the points system off!!   Brilliant Dizzy, you will go far unfortunately the board won't.

I've got as far as I'd like to get thanks :lol: but blimey Eagle... I was only trying to point something out and help so no need to bite my head off  :blink::lol:   Nice to see you back and posting on here though...I've missed you :D

To be honest most wouldn't care less if the point 'vote' system was here or not as over the years most people have never taken any notice of what people's votes or reputation scores are or probably even noticed what peoples ratings are....I never have. 

I never realised mine was so high until all this nonsense started as I've never even noticed my own under my avatar as it;s one of those things I become blind too lol.

Odd though as mine seems to have gone considerably lower having seen it again just now to what it was a day or so ago.  I think I have lost a couple of hundred points but hey I don't care in the slightest...I hope whoever is playing silly buggers with mine now is having fun bless them :lol:    

• Upvote 1

Call me a Bah Humbug-ger if you like but i can't help thinking we are being primed by the news bulletins for another major appeal just before Christmas to swell the coffers of relevant charities. We have recently had the Rhoingeas (?) in Burma, Yemen & now the Congo is being pushed in our direction....The Congo, there has been a UN peace keeping force in place there for 20 years so why has the UN with all its offshoots done nothing to stave of this crisis ? No doubt it is easier & more profitable to push the guilt & the onus onto the general population.

Edited by Davy51
double negative

Isn't it always the same though Davy?  Come xmas time we are all thinking of loved ones, friends etc so the charities strike as the plight of others less fortunate will pull on our heart strings when we realise how lucky some of us are compared to all those in need.  I can see why they do it and why this time of the year probably brings them the most donations.

If only all the money donated went directly to the people and places it was needed it though eh without charity directors or country governments pocketing a huge chunk of it all leaving those in need still in need :(  

ah well obs i am sure that some worthy charity will help in that respect. The door knockers always ask me if i would like to suspend whatever donations i am making to worthy causes and support theirs for a short while.

I had to think for a while to work out how many i am contributing to at present, think it is three charitable ones and two that i am not quite sure of. So at £2.00 a  time that's currently a tenner a month.

did note that the contributions asked for have gone up from £2.00 to £3.00 or £5.00 depending on what you donate to.

on a sceptical note, i do sometimes wonder given the length of time the water aid one has been running how many village are there left without clean water. Once the well has been drilled and the appropriate pump installed then apart from routine maintenance that village is sorted isn't it?

On an even more sceptical note, given that our ancestors supposedly came from Africa in the first place, Africa has had humans living there longer than anybody else. So how come they haven't managed to get around to sorting out their fresh water situation themselves, long after the rest of the world has done it? And also, if the water they're all drinking is so toxic, how come they didn't all die off millennia ago? One of the mysteries of life.

• Haha 1